Student Ministry Pastor / Director
Highrock Church is a thriving multi-ethnic and generationally diverse church, worshiping in four physical congregations around the Greater Boston area (Arlington, Cambridge, Lexington & Needham) and one online congregation that draws members from across the country and internationally. We are a member of the Evangelical Covenant Church (www.covchurch.org).
This role could be filled by a Ministry Director or Pastor. The Student Ministry Director/Pastor for the Highrock Arlington Congregation provides visionary leadership to our student ministry environments, volunteer teams and the summer internship program that disciple high school and middle school students in our Arlington congregation. This position is designed to nurture the spiritual development of 6th – 12th graders by integrating them into the life of the church, utilizing their gifts to do ministry and partnering with parents as they disciple their teens.
Supervisor: Family Pastor
- Inspire teens to love Christ through passionate, engaging, innovative and thoughtful teaching and discipleship rooted in a personal embodiment of Highrock’s vision, mission and values.
- Encourage, equip and resource parents in raising a Jesus-loving generation, thinking holistically with the entire Next Gen Team about ministry from the cradle through college and beyond.
- Champion intentional faith-forming connections between teens and adults through creating and developing small groups and other mentoring relationships.
- Lead the youth ministry volunteer teams with purpose and authenticity, helping them grow spiritually, emotionally and vocationally while training them to be passionate disciplers of teens.
- Implement systems, processes, and policies that ensure alignment and efficiency across all Highrock next gen ministries and congregations.
- Empower our teens and college students through our summer internship program and year-round ministry opportunities that nurture them as life-long leaders and followers of Christ.
- Provide oversight of large and small group experiences, ensuring that the youth ministry creates identity-forming, agency producing environments for all youth at various levels of spiritual development.
- Develop and maintain a strategy of catalytic youth experiences (camps, retreats, family getaways, mission trips) and milestones (class, celebrations and resources).
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree preferred, preferably in a related field; Bachelor’s degree plus experience will be considered
- Minimum of 3 years experience in ministry setting. Ministry to youth preferred.
- Experience managing staff and/or volunteer teams, handling and resolving difficult situations in a skilled and professional manner.
Character Qualities, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Personal faith in Jesus Christ demonstrated through Christ-like character and love.
- Alignment with Highrock’s vision, mission, theology and values.
- Knowledge and experience in Biblical teaching and teen development (and faith development).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with kids, teens and adults.
- High emotional intelligence, humility and a teachable spirit.
- An openness to work through conflict and engage in spiritual direction.
- Administrative skills for leading a team, managing email, appointments, and multi-tasking.
- Ability to steward people, time, and money wisely.
- Technological skills with creating slides, utilizing video and operating a sound system; willingness and ability to learn new technologies.
How To Apply
Send resume to Brian Dietz at [email protected]