Hosanna! Lutheran Church, LCMC
Hosanna! Lutheran Church is a large, vibrant member of the Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ (LCMC) located in St. Charles, IL. We are committed to serving with a joyful and hopeful spirit. We make a difference as we navigate our faith journeys, develop meaningful relationships, and together serve others. We press forward and we invite you to join us as for Jesus, we joyfully Believe + Belong + Become. The church is 40 years young, and we firmly believe the best is yet to come.
Ministry Overview: Hosanna! is looking for an Associate Pastor who can envision, invite, contribute and work collaboratively for God’s ministry in partnership serving Jesus through Hosanna! with joy.
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as a team member collaboratively serving with staff, church council, and other lay ministers to expand the mission and ministry of the church.
- Develop, administer, and engage members and non‐members alike in invitational evangelism.
- Welcome and integrate new members into the life of the church.
- Assist in leading worship and preach the Word of God (sermon series are used).
- Be a member of a team who conducts calls and visits for member comfort and care.
- Available to officiate baptisms, weddings, and funerals, providing appropriate preparation and support per request.
- Actively participate in staff meetings, retreats, and other leadership activities.
- Attend continuing education courses to develop ministry skills and strengthen personal faith for the work at hand at Hosanna!
- Represent the church by serving the LCMC and community organizations.
- As like every Hosanna! staff member, perform any other duties when askedto do so with a mindset of “whatever it takes” to accomplish God’s plans.
- Master of Divinity or equivalent.
- Certified LCMC Pastor.
- Experience serving in a Lutheran church, LCMC preferred.
- Heart for Jesus while humbly serving the Lord.
- Serve as one, joyful and hopeful with other leaders in the life of the church Genuine, compassionate, and relatable to the Hosanna! members and community.
How To Apply
If you or someone you know might be interested in exploring this exciting ministry opportunity, please contact the Call Committee by email at [email protected].