Denomination: Baptist – SBC
Weekly Attendance: 600
Location: Prattville, AL
About Journey Church:
In the fall of 2000, Pastor Mike and Laurie Mozingo began to pray about taking a giant step of faith by starting a new church. Through much prayer and learning all they could from those that had walked the road ahead of them, God made it clear in the fall of 2003 that it was time to take that step of faith. Mike resigned from his position as Executive Pastor of a church in Florida to take that step of faith and see where God would lead them. This was an Abraham-type moment. At the time of this transition, they had no financial support, church members, or prospects for starting the church, however, they followed the vision God had given. Over the next few months of prayer and traveling, God made it clear that he was leading them to the Millbrook/Prattville area of Alabama.
Journey Church held its first Public Worship on August 15th, 2004, at Camp Grandview YMCA in Millbrook, with nearly 120 people attending. Four years later, the church moved into a remodeled building that was previously an antique mall and continued to see growth and lives being changed. In 2012, the Church of Living Water in Prattville joined with Journey Church which allowed the church to move into a much larger facility that would provide the space for more growth and ministry. After several months of renovation, Journey Church moved into the remodeled building on Sheila Boulevard on June 24, 2012. Journey Church continues to maximize its resources while always seeking to impact the surrounding community with the message of the Gospel. They are always praying for God to make clear the next big step of faith.
About the Executive Pastor:
Journey Church is seeking an experienced Executive Pastor who is a proven and effective leader, deep in their faith, loves Jesus with everything in them, has a pastoral heart, can effectively build great teams, and help carry out the vision of Journey Church. The Executive Pastor will enable the Senior Pastor to be as successful as possible by assisting him with daily operations, strategic planning, goal setting, and ministry planning. While the Senior Pastor will set the course, the Executive Pastor will be responsible for the details and will determine how to navigate and complete the course. The Executive Pastor will lead the staff and build teams to successfully carry out their respective ministries while staying aligned with the church’s goals and objectives. Each week, the Executive Pastor will encourage, empower, and provide resources to the staff and church members to equip them for the works of ministry and to lead them to be disciple-makers.
The Executive Pastor Will:
Ministry, Discipleship, Community, etc.
- Create and implement systems and structures while providing insight in achieving measurable goals for the campus and the church.
- Communicates, executes, and develops the vision and strategy for the volunteers and staff on the campus.
- Ensure each ministry has a winnable strategy and clear goals to achieve its purpose.
- Provide leadership and training for our Life Groups, Dream Team, Growth Track, and Missions/Outreach Team leaders.
- Engage parents and families to provide tools to assist in their spiritual leadership.
- Provide opportunities for ministry, leadership development, outreach to the community, and connection to the mission field for the families of Journey Church.
- Understand and keep current on the issues related to safety and security.
- Monitor the pulse of the congregation through research and evaluation of overall health.
- Ensure staffing, facilities and programs are appropriately and effectively aligned to best meet strategic goals.
- Develop, administer, and execute ministry initiatives that provide a balance of growth, service, and outreach opportunities.
- Responsible for the execution and attainment of short and long-term operational goals.
- Administer and enforce church-adopted administrative policies and procedures to achieve the goals of the church.
- Oversee hiring process, performance evaluations, disciplinary actions, and termination process for office & contract staff.
- Maintain church records on church personnel.
- Provide training, seminars, and other developmental programs to enhance staff development.
- Administrate weekly staff meetings.
- Represent Senior Pastor at requested meetings and functions.
- Establish and inspect systems that will initiate and sustain growth.
- Perform designated performance reviews on appropriate direct reports.
- Makes recommendations for salary and benefit adjustments to the Elders & Personnel Team for the annual budget.
- Develop systems to measure progress and provide periodic reports as needed.
- Overseeing the church’s maintenance program by supervising the church custodian, maintenance workers, volunteers, and outside contractors.
- Oversees the security of the church.
- Oversees the weekday operation of the church office.
- Schedules staff training on church computer systems and office equipment as needed.
- Facilitates periodic reviews of church computer systems and office equipment with assistance from those who are knowledgeable of technology.
- Responsible for oversight of the church website, social media, and other external communication and marketing.
- Oversees facility management and maintenance of the church campus and all church properties.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the senior pastor.
Must become a fully engaged member of Journey Church and follow the membership covenant below:
I will protect the unity of my church
…by acting in love toward other members.
…by refusing to gossip.
…by following the leaders.
I will share in the responsibility of my church
…by praying for its growth.
…by inviting the unchurched to attend.
…by warmly welcoming those who visit.
I will serve the ministry of my church
…by discovering my gifts and talents.
…by being equipped to serve by my pastors.
…by developing a servant’s heart.
I will support the testimony of my church
…by attending faithfully.
…by living a godly life.
…by giving regularly.
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- College Graduate from an accredited 4-year school. A Seminary Degree is preferred but not required.
- At least 3-4 years of experience as an Executive Pastor and in leading leaders, working collaboratively, building a ministry or business, and discipleship strategies.
- Ordained minister and/or licensed Counselor.
- People Builder – Effectively builds teams of fantastic people and creates a compelling place to work.
- Ability and appetite to grow and develop people.
- Ability to mentor and disciple others with wisdom and grace, which will result in empowering and encouraging others to make disciples.
- Faithful and committed servant to Jesus who loves the Church and supports the Pastor and leadership members.
- Spiritually Vital – Someone who loves Jesus & people and whose depth and intimacy with Christ is constantly growing. This will be evident in their life exhibiting the fruit of the Spirit.
- Possesses a strong marriage and family life visible to others.
- Relationally & Emotionally Intelligent.
- Exercises discernment and wise judgment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A Ministry Builder – Grows the ministry and continually takes ground. Drives results and solves problems.
- A strong work ethic which includes sweating the details and focusing on finishing well.
- Exceptionally organized with an operational and administrative mind, valuing great
systems and the ability to get things done and meet deadlines.
- Desires to be a servant leader and willing to lead by example.
- Has an eye for details and the capacity to see the big picture.
- A strong communicator, strong prayer life, and a high tolerance for stress.
- Energetic, passionate about discipleship, loves to laugh, enjoys having fun, loves spending time with the team.
- Self-managed, self-motivated, and results-oriented individual who makes things happen by planning well, meeting deadlines consistently, anticipating well, finding solutions and getting things done.
- Demonstrates a willing submission to executive ministry leadership and can handle authority.
- Handles change with a positive attitude.
- Relational and team-oriented with experience in building effective teams and has the ability to recognize and develop future talented leaders.
- Ability to get along with and manage people with varied personality types and working styles.
- Still has room to grow and be able to learn from experience.
- Good at multitasking and prioritizing projects.
- Exhibits professionalism demonstrated by: a God-honoring work ethic – integrity, honesty, and confidentiality, a well-groomed appearance, and able to work at a fast pace within a variety of settings and circumstances.
- Learning Agile – Continuously learning from experience and subsequently applying that learning to perform successfully under new or first-time conditions.
- Focused on making things better, which includes coming up with new and unique ideas to solve problems and make improvements.
- Leaves a positive wake.
- Support Journey Church with tithes and offerings.
What it’s like to live in Prattville, AL:
Prattville has that wonderful “hometown” feeling. It is a place where you feel that you belong, a safe place where you can raise a family, or spend your retirement years. Prattville’s history follows the life and accomplishments of its founder Daniel Pratt, a famous industrialist. It features the Daniel Pratt Historic District, listed in the National Register of Historic Places. Prattville boasts an abundance of artesian wells and a wide variety of natural and recreational attractions, including golfing, canoeing, hiking, and fishing. In fact, the town has gained popularity in recent years as a popular golfing destination, featuring the Capitol Hill golf courses. Prattville’s cultural and retail attractions include numerous antique and specialty stores.
How To Apply
Apply through the following link: https://www.vanderbloemen.com/job/journey-church-executive-pastor.