Reports To: Co-Youth Director
Hours: Sunday – Thursday
Overview of Position:
- This position works with the Junior High Director of Girls, under the oversight of the Youth Directors, planning, coordinating and executing all aspects of junior high ministry
- This position works closely with entire Youth Ministry staff aiding in the oversight, coaching and encouragement of the entire Youth MinistryPosition Expectations:
A. Teaching and Development
- Aid in the developing, organizing and leading of Sunday School ministry to junior high students, including regular large group teaching.
- Aid in the developing, organizing and leading of small group discipleship ministry to bring junior high students to maturity in Christ, personally leading one small group of studentsB. Relational Ministry
- Meet regularly with students fostering relationship, while encouraging and directing them toward a committed relationship with Jesus (1v1, school lunches, games/plays, etc.).
- Aid in shepherding and growing a community of volunteers to invest in the lives of students and lead in the various programs of the youth ministry (fellowship, coaching, care, accountability, etc.).
- Meet regularly with parents developing intentional relationships.C. Communication and Events
- Aid in executing regular communication to junior high leaders, students and families, including social media
- Contribute to design, marketing and communication of all junior high events and ministry components
- Aid in developing, organizing and executing parent resource communication plan, including Sunday school and small group curriculum material.
- Communicate regularly with parents developing and maintaining healthy relationships with families.
- Lead in the development, organization and execution of all junior high special events, such as, winter and summer camps, mission trips and other events that foster relationship building, spiritual maturity, and advancement of the kingdom.
- Aid in the development, communication and execution of ministry related forums designed to equip youth families.D. Maintenance
- Oversee and manage regular maintenance tasks associated with a growing youth ministry (stocking hospitality supplies, gathering ministry supplies, etc.).
- Oversee and manage effective execution of administrative duties as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- 1-3+ years of ministry experience is desirable.
- Proven capability of leading a discipleship ministry.
- Track record of developing personal relationships and building ministry structure.
B. Experience and Skills
- Excellent time management, communication, organizational, and execution skills.
- Gift of gospel-centered teaching in an engaging manner to all students of the ministry.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others, maintain a positive disposition and flexibility in solving problems.
- Excellent communication and relational skills.
- Desire and ability to work effectively with diverse staff, volunteers, students and parents.
- Possesses effective organizational, coaching and networking abilities and gifts.
- Is enthusiastic, energetic, a self-starter, and a collaborator.
- Willing to face difficulties and conflict with humility.
- Commitment to timeliness, reliability, and excellence in all things.
- Takes initiative in accessing, meeting and completing needs.
- Basic lay-counseling and listening skills appropriate for youth ministry.
All employees must commit to performing their duties in accordance with the mission and vision of the church, West End Policies and Procedures Manual, and the Westminster Confession of Faith.
How To Apply
Contact Elaine Pendergrass, [email protected].