Title: DC Kids Associate Pastor
Reports To: DC Kids Pastor
Status: Full Time, Salaried
Provide relational and pastoral care for kids, families, and volunteers in partnership with the DC Kids Pastor. Lead the DC Kids ministry with the support of DC Kids Administration, Site Coordinators & KidCare Coordinators, ensuring a smooth and seamless experience for staff, volunteers, kids, and families of Discovery Church.
- Provide ongoing care and leadership for DC Kids Volunteers.
- Develop meaningful relationships and encourage and support the DC Kids volunteers.
- Manage all workflows to onboard new volunteers.
- Provide all pastoral care and training for new volunteers and existing volunteers.
- Manage all volunteer scheduling for weekend services, events and other facility needs.
- Build connections and relationships with kids.
- Provide pastoral leadership of the weekend service in Kid’s Church (elementary) and be a part of the Teaching Team’s monthly rotation.
- Give leadership to and manage small groups and classes.
- Partner with DC Kids Admin and Site Coordinator to ensure all curriculum, resources, and supplies are available for weekend services, events and facilities.
- Manage all scheduling, registration, and Check-Ins, and give leadership to the Welcome Team/First Impressions (hospitality), Nursery, Preschool-Kindergarten, and Elementary Teams for weekend services, events (baptism, Parent-Child Dedication, Gathering, Night of Worship, et al.) and other facility needs.
- Partner with other ministry administrations regarding room usage, any overlaps, or conflicts.
- Give leadership to all DC Kids events (local and global – i.e., baptism, Parent-Child Dedication, the Gathering, summer camp, et al.)
- Partner with KidCare Coordinator as a support and as it relates to shared resources.
- Partner with parents in discipling and raising their children in partnership with the Family Life pastor.
- Strong personal commitment to Jesus Christ.
- Called to and passionate about Kids Ministry.
- Strength of working in teams.
- Loves people; loves kids.
- Pied Piper.
- Understands commitment.
- Weekends, Christian holidays.
- Kids ministry almost always run parallel with adult ministry.
- Flexibility with emerging ministries.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strength in relationship building.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to work independently.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient or some experience in Microsoft Products (Office 365) – Excel, Outlook PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint, MS Teams.
- Planning Center Online Experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in ministry, education, or relevant field.
- Several years of experience in full-time kids’ ministry/leadership.
- Experience in administration, coordination, and event planning.
- Experience in recruiting, training and managing teams.
We are looking for an individual that displays the competencies above but also exudes high character. This individual holds themselves to a biblical standard that is above reproach and honors God in their words and actions. They work to achieve and maintain a high degree of chemistry with all they interact with.