Title: DC Kids Curriculum & Volunteer Development
Reports to: DC Kids Pastor
Status: Full Time, Hourly
Identify, manage, prepare, and distribute all the DC Kids curriculum for weekend services, special events, and DC Kids Camp. This person will make sure the curriculum is age-appropriate, biblically sound, and meets the Discovery standard. Be a champion for DC Kids volunteers making sure they are trained, encouraged, and deployed to thrive in their respective roles.
Curriculum Development & Distribution
- Help identify the best curriculum options to disciple the kids of Discovery Church.
- Edit & build curriculum / lesson plans for Sunday services, Gatherings, Small groups, DC kids camp, Special events.
- Partner with Communications team to ensure proper printing of curriculum.
- Build & manage a team of volunteers to pack and distribute curriculum.
- Upload curriculum in PCO, including lesson plans, videos and Build PCO plan for volunteer matrix and sevice order.
- Manage all purchasing for DC Kids Ministry.
- Teach on Sunday mornings to get first-hand experience using the curriculum.
- Ongoing care and development for DC Kids volunteers. Observe, affirm, and coach volunteers during weekend services.
- Manage workflows to onboard new volunteers.
- Develop training for new and existing volunteers.
- Develop meaningful relationships, encourage, and support the DC kids Team Leads and Teachers.
- Visit all campuses.
- Provide support for the Site Coordinator and KidCare Coordinator (dotted line).
- Strong personal commitment to Jesus Christ.
- Called to and passionate about Kids Ministry.
- Strength of working in teams.
- Loves people; loves kids.
- Pied Piper.
- Understands commitment.
- Weekends, Christian holidays.
- Kids ministry almost always run parallel with adult ministry.
- Flexibility with emerging ministries.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strength in relationship building.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to work independently.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient or some experience in Microsoft Products (Office 365) – Excel, Outlook PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint, MS Teams.
- Planning Center Online Experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in ministry, education, or relevant field.
- Several years of experience in full-time kids’ ministry/leadership.
- Experience in administration, coordination, and event planning.
- Experience in recruiting, training and managing teams.
We are looking for an individual that displays the competencies above but also exudes high character. This individual holds themselves to a biblical standard that is above reproach and honors God in their words and actions. They work to achieve and maintain a high degree of chemistry with all they interact with.