Curriculum Coordinator (Part-Time, Lake Forest Church [WestLake])
- Are you passionate about seeing kids grow in their faith?
- Do you thrive knowing you’ve helped provide a fun and engaging environment for kids to learn about God?
- Do you love finding creative ways to communicate spiritual truths to kids (through crafts, storytelling, and activities)?
- Can you confidently and successfully work with a church that includes people who are
skeptical about faith, longtime believers…and everywhere in between?
An emphatic “Yes” to all four? If so, we would like for you to keep reading and consider joining
our team. Lake Forest Church is seeking a Curriculum Coordinator for our Kid’s ministry team.
Before we get to the real job description, here’s a little more about us:
Founded in February 2014, Lake Forest Church – WestLake is a part of the Lake Forest Family of Churches (www.lakeforest.org) in the N. Charlotte, NC region. We worship in two services with an attendance of 100 to 120 kids (birth-5th grade) on any given weekend. In August of 2021, we moved into our brand new 18,000 sq/ft facility on St. James Road in Denver, NC and have seen tremendous growth. The addition of a Curriculum Coordinator on our Children’s Ministry team in early 2022 will help us continue to expand our programming and provide fun and engaging environments for our kids to learn in on Sunday mornings.
Lake Forest lives by the mission and passions that God has given us. We expect every staff member to be a full DNA match, meaning that she/he resonates deeply with our mission and passions.
About the Role:
We are looking for a leader to help with the curriculum needed for our preschool and elementary environments. This role has flexibility during the week (and some hours can be worked from home) but working on Sundays from approximately 8:00 am to 12:30 pm is a must.
This role is a great fit for someone who is proactive (i.e. can work independently and set
priorities amidst multiple demands), creative, loves teamwork, communicates well, is detail oriented and has some experience working in kid’s environments.
- Responsible for Sunday morning programming for Preschool and Elementary classes by overseeing and executing a ministry focused on helping children learn about God and Biblical truths while cultivating environments that are engaging, creative and age appropriate.
- Edit curriculum (provided from the Orange curriculum site) and distribute it to volunteers on a weekly basis.
- Assist the Children’s Ministry Coordinator on Sundays with each service to set up all kids’ rooms and ensure all necessary supplies are prepared for the Guides (our name for the volunteers in the kids’ rooms).
- Work with a volunteer team during the week for copying and gathering supplies needed in each room for the Sunday’s curriculum.
- Decorate rooms for the monthly theme
- Fill in as a substitute leader in classes on Sundays as needed.
- Manage the acquisition of supplies needed for weekly activities and events.
- Assist the Children’s Ministry Coordinator with planning, overseeing and preparing for special projects and Children’s Ministry events (such as Easter, Christmas and year end parties).
- Team Player: Be a key player on the Children’s ministry team and participate in all planning meetings, work in cooperation with Leader Developer and Children’s Ministry Coordinator and any other areas the team may need.
- Perform all other job-related duties as assigned
This person will report directly to the LFC-WL Children’s Ministry Coordinator.
- Growing faith in Jesus Christ
- Proven record of working well on a team
- History of being a self-starter who sees projects to completion
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Experienced with Microsoft products and can work with a web-based curriculum company.
This staff position is a part-time non-exempt position, averaging 15 hours/week. Required 4 hours on Sunday, other hours are flexible during the week but must make staff meeting times.
- 4 hours on Sunday (checking in with each room to ensure all needed supplies are in the room, answer questions from Guides on the curriculum, filling in as a sub as needed in classes.) Rotate with Kids’ Team staff so everyone can attend a worship service every other week
- Editing curriculum, making copies and gathering supplies needed for Sundays (6 hours)
- Attend staff meetings and kid’s team meetings (2 hours)
- Distribute curriculum to Guides via email weekly (1 hour)
- Decorate rooms to coordinate with the monthly theme (1 hour)
- Special Events (1 hour1)
The salary is in keeping with regional salaries for similar roles in churches of our size.
How To Apply
Email your cover letter and resume to [email protected] by January 31st, 2022.