The Foundry Church is looking for a Kids Pastor to join our team. The expansion and enhancement of our Kids Ministry is reliant on the dedication and intentional oversight of a Kids Pastor. We are looking for someone to continue the expansion of the ministry by engaging children on age appropriate levels through play, discussions, activities, and events. The Kids Pastor should be able to connect biblical lessons with interpersonal skills so that children learn how to live out biblical morals.
- Be passionate about connecting with and strengthening families.
- Have a high level of organization.
- Have a high level of creativity to maintain structure within the program without hampering the excitement and energy of the families.
- Classroom management
- Program development
- Volunteer development
- Effective communication
- Strong team player
- Positive, contagious energy
- Self-starter mindset
- Desire for the flourishing of everyone around you
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate set-up and strike of the kids area.
- Manage and support volunteer leaders, teachers, and greeters.
- Connect with families (especially visitors and parents).
- Maintain the organization and energy of the program.
- Implement and oversee the safety policy.
- Review attendance records, contacting families when necessary.\
- Follow-up with volunteers.
- Manage online resources and engagement.
- Prepare for Sunday and upcoming events.
- Connect with families throughout the week.
- Recruit, coordinate, and develop volunteers.
- Evaluate and adjust curriculum as necessary.
- Evaluate and adjust the Sunday morning family experience as necessary.
- Create kid-centered events outside of Sunday mornings that engage both the church community and the surrounding community.
- Help prepare a smooth transition from the Kids to Students Ministry.
- Coordinate planning meetings with parents and volunteers.
- Develop and implement a vision for the Kids Ministry that supports the vision for the Family Life Ministry and the Foundry Church as a whole.
- Continually work on personal growth through books, training resources, classes, conferences, and seminars.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree required.
- 1-3 years of experience preferred.
- Demonstrated maturity and has a full understanding of the vision of The Foundry Church and the Comprehensive Youth Development Plan.
- Experience with use of office equipment, computers, and an understanding of databases.
- Experience with use of social media posting and management.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance
- This is a weekend and evening experience position (4-5 hours)
- Approximately 30-40 hours per week planning and working on Kids Area
- Some of the responsibilities may be done outside of the office as approved