Date Posted: May 12, 2023
Hours Per Week: 20
Midtown Fellowship Church
Nashville, TN, USA
Job Type: Ministry Director
Midtown East Kidtown Director works in partnership with the Team Captain and Congregation Care Commission for the East Nashville Congregation to advance the mission of Midtown East by developing a children’s ministry that is fun, engaging, Gospel centered, and family oriented.
Leading and equipping a team of volunteers to serve on a regular, ongoing basis is a critical element of this role.
Functions & Responsibilities:
- Develop, with Team Captain, vision for the Kidtown ministry that aligns with overall mission of Midtown East.
- Provide strategic planning, programming, and leadership to the ministry.
- Review, determine, and implement curriculum.
- Develop, manage, and maintain Kidtown resources and budget, including facilities and equipment.
- Build and lead a team of volunteers (including recruitment, training and scheduling) to carry out Kidtown ministry.
- Evaluate volunteers, offering recommendations/commendations.
- Develop and implement existing Kidtown policies and procedures and develop/train for emergency procedures.
- Communicate to staff, body and volunteers all relevant information (policy, procedures, curriculum, expectations of parents, schedule, etc.).
- Plan and execute Kidtown events in concert with congregational ministry plan.
- Collaborates with other Kidtown Directors through the co-op to learn best practices and problem solve.
Education, Skills & Experience:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience leading teams and working with children.
- An active and committed Christian faith with beliefs and lifestyle consistent with the doctrine of the PCA.
Additional skills and experience:
- Leads teams with authority and good humor.
- Embraces challenges with creativity, experimenting with and evaluating novel solutions.
- Prioritizes competing tasks/projects and manages time well.
- Delegates willingly and develops others.
- Hungry for growth in relationship with Christ.
- Humble leader who is open to feedback and loves to learn.
- Embraces change as opportunity for positive growth, for self and organization.
- Enthusiastic about opportunity to work in ministry.
- Approaches daily work as a calling.
- Increase Kidtown capacity at Riverside Revival to serve 100 children.
How To Apply
To apply, please go to https://midtownfellowship.org/employment/kidtown-director-en/.