Cresco Community Chapel, Cresco, IA – Senior Pastor
The Big Picture
Cresco Community Chapel is seeking a full-time Senior Pastor who will provide spiritual guidance as an Equipper-Pastor-Teacher, who mobilizes the congregation in ministry (Eph 4:11-12); who keeps the church Purpose/Vision/Mission before the congregation, who guards the flock from false teaching and errant conduct.
We are an independent Bible church without any affiliations. We are an elder led church. We have no constitution or formal membership. The average Sunday morning Worship service is 80-90 adults with a 10% increase over the last year. The attendees reflect the demographics of a rural community with farm, professional, skilled, unskilled, and retired families. The average age is 55-60. We have a very active AWANA program, and a junior-senior high ministry called “Alethia.” We have one traditional service at 10 am on Sunday. We have adult and youth Sunday School at 9 am on Sunday. We have several small groups that meet in homes to discuss the previous Sunday’s sermon and for a time of prayer.
1. Family: married; family embraces his call to ministry
2. Significant cultural connection with the Midwest
3. A life-long learner
4. A self-starter; relationally approachable; self-aware
1. Meets the character criteria for elders in 1 Tim 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9
2. Endorse without mental reservation the church’s statement of faith
3. Understands and embraces free grace theology
4. Demonstratable gifting in the areas of preaching/teaching and leadership
5. A warm, growing walk with Christ
1. Prefer at least a Master of Divinity or equivalent
2. Ordained by a like-minded body
3. Prefer at least five years’ experience as lead pastor or equivalent
4. Be able to embrace the church’s Purpose/Vision/Mission statements
5. Commit to working within the Pastor-Elder leadership team
6. Commit to working with the church Ministry Team structure
7. Demonstrate capacity to assess and nurture congregational health
$75,000 – $80,000 Total Package depending on experience
How To Apply
Please look over the job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these three questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the pastor for Cresco Community Chapel?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor at Cresco Community Chapel?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of Cresco Community Chapel.
Please send your resume, a sermon link and the answers to these questions to [email protected].