Citylight Community Church (Linkou, Taiwan) – Lead Pastor
The Big Picture
Citylight Community Church (citylightlinkou.com) is actively and prayerfully searching for a qualified candidate to be the sole and lead pastor of our international church.
Founded in 2019, Citylight is a non-denominational and bilingual (English & Mandarin) church located in Linkou District of New Taipei City, Taiwan, made up of both local
Taiwanese and international expatriates, with 50+ members and 90+ attendee each Sunday.
- Holiness- Qualities of an elder, according to the conditions laid out in 1 Timothy 3:1-12 and Titus 1:5-9. Humility is a character trait that is highly valued. Background check may be required.
- Shepherding- A Christ-driven love for people and desire to shepherd people as a pastor among fellow followers and seekers. Practically speaking this would mean that they are easy to work with and have experience working with different kinds of people in difficult situations.
- Teaching- The ability to faithfully preach the word of God (2 Timothy 4:2) in such a way that people would want to pay attention and learn.
- Vision Casting- Prayerfully discern how God can use CLCC and lead a diverse congregation of expatriates and local Taiwanese toward a vision and in ever-increasing maturity in Christ.
- Experience- Significant exposure to the Chinese cultural context is essential. Familiarity and some fluency in Mandarin language is a plus.
- Regularly preach (approx. 3 times a month) during Sunday worship services and collaborate with the elders on a preaching schedule.
- Provide administrative leadership as needed, together with other volunteers, for the weekly Sunday worship service and other church activities.
- Invest in leaders including the responsibility of developing a network of local small groups to co-shepherd the people and in particular, the spiritual needs of the church members.
- Provide mentorship (not professional counseling) to people in the congregation as opportunity arises.
- Collaborate with 2 part-time administrative assistants and a great team of volunteers to work on ministry, budgetary, and other administrative aspects of the church.
- Actively participate in the elders meeting (monthly or biweekly depending on need) and mutually submit to, be accountable to, and be cared for by the other elders as a peer member of the elders leadership team.
- Work in unison with the elders toward completing documentation of church governance, bylaws and church polity, appointing lay leaders in the process as fitting.
- Monetary compensation equivalent to $45K USD per year, either in monthly salary or as compensation for other benefits and expenses, depending on the candidate’s needs.
- Healthcare coverage for dependents living in Taiwan through the Taiwan National Health Insurance.
- One-time relocation reimbursements possible for candidates living outside of Taiwan, depending on needs.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as a Pastor at Citylight?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as a Pastor at Citylight?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the beliefs of Citylight?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected].