Water’s Edge Church, often known as WE, is committed to ministering to those not here yet. WE believe our purpose as the Church is to engage with those in our community and beyond who need Jesus and to contribute toward their thriving. Worshiping God, engaging people, and encouraging spiritual growth are the cornerstones of our mission. We’re searching for a Lead Pastor who will champion cultivating the heart in our attenders toward a Christ-centered passion for our community and nurture the body to know Jesus more deeply.
Leadership at WE:
Our next leader will be a leader of leaders and will embrace equalitarian leadership. Working with the Overseers, the Lead Pastor will guide vision and mission direction. As a staff-led church under an accountable leadership model (Winning on Purpose; Kaiser), the pastor will work with empowered staff to create, deliver and measure ministry. We believe our next leader will find themselves serving beside capable and invested leaders who are committed to their own personal faith, to the WE vision, supportive of the pastor’s lead and with a collaborative spirit toward each other. Direct reports are the Worship Leader and Ministry Assistant, both part time, with several additional volunteer staff in leadership positions.
In very recent years, we made a commitment to make our space more about worship and upgraded our worship center. We prioritized and financed booth technology to promote both in person and virtual engagement as part of weekend experience. The pastor’s office is part of an updated general office and conference room space. We have a variety of recreational spaces that includes a half court gym.
Ready to escape the city but not leave behind the benefits? While Henning is away from the bustle of the city, access to larger cities is within easy driving distance for shopping or other amenities desired. Whether it be small town theaters, art shows, excellent dining, or convenient retail options, you can find what you are looking for in under an hour in numerous directions.
The community of Henning is known as the Gateway to the Lakes as Otter Tail County is home to over 1,000 lakes, the most of any county in the United States. The Otter Tail County area is well known for its rural allure with charming main streets and innumerable dining options. Henning and Otter Tail County is a place to fill up on fresh air and make priceless memories to live and work in the area others escape to for relaxation and vacation.
Position: Lead Pastor
Status: Full Time
- Lives out their faith and leads others to do the same
- Actively promotes the mission and vision of WE
- Relational communicator and leader
- Demonstrates commitment to continual spiritual, professional and personal growth
- Adheres to the Statement of Faith
- Willing to become a member
- Is baptized by immersion or willing to be baptized
- Leads vision casting for each ministry season
- Guides spiritual health and maturity of the church
- Encourages missional thrust of the church
- Causes the weekly teaching and weekend services
- Provides leadership to the Board of Overseers and the Staff
- Responsible for the development a budget reflective of goals and success measures for the next season of ministry
- Accountable to the Board of Overseers for the performance of all ministry and non-ministry staff through success measures
- Responsible for the organization of staff and authorized to delegate duties to fulfill success measures
- Demonstrates a wise and discerning spirit
- Is a passionate worshiper of God
- Seeks and promotes prayer as a priority, both personally and in the life of the church
- Demonstrates compassion and heartfelt love for people with a Christ-like concern for their spiritual, physical, mental, and emotional well-being
- Models surrender
- Seeks to equally demonstrate strength and humility
- A passion for mentoring, discipleship and helping others develop their gifts
- Is personable and approachable
- Seeks to be known and involved in the community
- Enjoys being in relationship with attendees and interested in the events of their lives
Is WE a fit for you?
A good fit for WE is someone who has a heart that is burdened for those who don\’t know Jesus or haven\’t fully surrendered to him and is comfortable in ministry among them. Additionally, WE is looking for a pastor that guides believers to discover and use their gifts to impact others. WE values worship and seeks someone with a worshipful heart that rejoices in God\’s presence and believes in a holistic lifestyle of worship. If you are interested in leading a healthy body of believers who desire to minister well in our community and to each other, visit our website and check us out on Facebook.
How To Apply
How to Apply:
WE is using P3 for our pastoral search. P3 has a registration fee of $175 which pays for a full suite of assessments that are yours to keep and use in other capacities. WE is interested in pre-evaluating candidates through resumes and will pay $100 toward the registration fee of candidates who appear to be a good fit for us. If you are interested in exploring your fit to WE, send your resume to [email protected]. Be sure your resume includes links to preaching videos. If you are interested in churches more broadly than WE and desire to enter the P3 system directly, you can register a Converge P3.