“They wanted more.” That aptly depicts the heart of a dozen or so people who felt the Holy Spirit compelling them to plant a church, nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in western North Carolina in 2005. Now a church of approximately 100 people, we have and continue to pray for our next lead pastor; one who seeks to shepherd and minister to his flock, while passionately enveloping the lost into God’s family.
Our campus is situated on a plot of land which encompasses approximately 10 acres, giving us valuable flexibility and room for growth. We are richly blessed with talented musicians and singers which lends itself well to a beautifully blended service and ministry opportunities. Faith Community Church’s ministry philosophy is to make disciples is through our “4G” discipleship process. We GATHER on Sunday mornings for corporate worship. We GROW in our walk with the LORD through Sunday School, Grow Groups and Ministry Teams. We GIVE of our time, talents and treasures to make disciples and to reach the nations for God’s glory.We GO locally and globally to serve and share Jesus so that we show the greatness of Jesus to others.
We are an intergenerational and interdenominational family of God seeking to reach out to our neighbors, and our world, with the love of our Savior! Ours is an endearing small town with a tightly woven sense of community, touting plentiful amenities for nature and outdoor enthusiasts. However, when the yearning for the city calls, we are centrally located, roughly an hour’s drive from the larger cities of Asheville, Boone, Charlotte and Winston Salem.
The Lead Pastor serves at the “Spiritual CEO” of Faith Community Church, with the objective of developing, communicating and equipping followers of Jesus Christ to Go and Do. To GO to those who are broken by religion and the world, or are lost and without Jesus Christ. And to DO the work of discipleship, leading them to a life in Jesus and teaching them how to become followers of Christ.
Primary Requirements and Responsibilities:
– Remain true to God’s inerrant Word
– Proclaim the Gospel
– Reflect Christ in his/her character
– Align with FCC Statement of Beliefs as outlined in the FCC Constitution
– Provide leadership in:
– Preaching and teaching God’s Word
– Discernment of the vision and mission of Faith Community Church
– Evangelism and equipping of Saints (modeling, training, inspiring)
– Pastoral care for congregation and community
– Pastoral staff and administration
– Preach most Sundays and secure substitute when unable
– Provide pastoral care to church members and community
– Provide pastoral counseling as appropriate, making referrals
– Provide leadership and conduct church ordinances and other special services
– Build relationships through regular contact and visitation with members outside of church
– Engage with community
– Develop a plan for availability and access to pastoral staff at the church, to meet the congregational
– Attend team meetings as needed, to be beneficial in carrying out the work of the Church and
maintaining good communication.
A Pastoral candidate must have a calling for full time ministry recognized by others who are familiar with your ministry and way of life that can serve as references.
Prefer 2 or more year’s experience as a lead/senior pastor. However, candidates will be considered with extensive experience as an associate pastor, worship pastor etc…that feel led and prepared to assume a lead pastor position.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Outstanding people skills to include relationship building, managing, leading, teaching, influencing, and conflict resolution.
Salary range is $60K to $80K. Pay is commensurate with experience.
How To Apply
Please look over the job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these three questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the pastor for Faith Community Church?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor at Faith Community Church?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of Faith Community Church.
Please send your resume, a sermon link and the answers to these questions to [email protected].