Pompey Community Church (PCC) is a warm and welcoming non-denominational congregation located in the country hills on the outskirts of Syracuse, New York. We are looking for our next Lead Pastor to lead us in fulfillment of our mission to meet people where they are and help guide them to where God wants them to be by traveling together and becoming fully devoted followers of Jesus. Our church is debt free with a beautiful church facility built in 2009. We have a small staff (one other full-time pastor and several part-time staff members) and are led by an Oversight Council consisting of elders and non-elders working with the Lead Pastor under a policy governance system.
PCC’s next Lead Pastor will be primarily focused upon these sixth ministry priorities:
- Maintaining sound doctrine.
- Preaching and teaching the Scriptures.
- Leading our leaders in seeking God’s vision for our church.
- Leading our church in pursuit of its mission by developing and implementing our church’s strategy for fulfilling its mission.
- Identifying, mentoring, and training church leaders, staff members, and emerging leaders.
- Overseeing and leading PCC’s congregational care & shepherding strategy.
Qualifications for this position include the following:
- We are looking for someone who exemplifies the biblical characteristics and qualities of a pastor/elder given in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- We are looking for someone who has earned a seminary degree (Masters-level) from a reputable, evangelical seminary.
- We would consider someone who has a Bachelor’s level degree reflecting training for pastoral ministry from a Bible/Christian college.
- We are looking for someone who has experience as a biblical teacher/preacher, preaching primarily expository sermons.
- We are looking for someone who can be an effective team leader with demonstrated experience in leading and coaching other staff members.
- We are looking for someone who has already been ordained through a doctrinal examination type of ordination process.
- We would consider someone who is willing to undergo this kind of ordination process.
- We are looking for someone who has some experience working with Policy Governance and is committed to it.
- We would consider someone with no experience in Policy Governance who is willing to commit to learning it, being coached in it, and embracing it.
- We are looking for someone who agrees with and will uphold PCC’s Doctrine of Faith and who will align with our PCC Elders on other key issues of orthodoxy and orthopraxy.
- We are looking for someone who shares our belief that the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20) is directed to ALL believers, and will lead us in evangelism, disciple-making, and carrying out the Great commission locally, nationally, and internationally.
How To Apply
Send your resume by email to our church’s Pastoral Search Team at [email protected].
Because this is an initial inquiry, please do not attach additional documentation unless you find it absolutely necessary to augment your resume. We will respect your time and effort by promptly acknowledging receipt of your resume and requesting any additional materials we deem necessary to further consider your application.