Ebenezer Bible Fellowship Church (Bethlehem, PA) – Senior Pastor
The Big Picture
Ebenezer Bible Fellowship Church (aplaceforyou.org) (500+) is seeking a Senior Pastor to provide spiritual leadership and oversight for the congregation, staff, and lay leaders through pulpit ministry, mentoring, and pastoral care.
The Candidate Overview
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Teaching – In this role, he functions as our primary preacher, and may take on additional teaching as he deems advisable for the instruction of members and friends, and as his schedule permits. (60%)
- Shepherding – This includes many types of short-term people matters such as counseling, visitation, etc. In addition, he will mentor and train other pastors. (20%)
- Overall Leadership – (20%)
- He meets regularly with the Elders and various Elder committees to support and insure that our church continues to move in the overall vision and direction set by the Elders.
- He is welcome to attend any meetings of any of the various committees as an ex-officio member.
- He oversees the Pastoral Staff as team leader and manager, overseeing each person’s corporate and personal objectives and progress.
- Those currently under his care are the Pastor of Discipleship, Pastor of Worship, and Youth Pastor (via the Pastor of Discipleship).
- In his role as administrator, he directs the activity of the other non-pastoral staff, each of whom shall be responsible directly or indirectly to him.
- He shall represent EBFC at denominational meetings, local pastoral gatherings, attend community events as a leader of the church, etc.
- He shall develop new leadership for both the Deacon Board and the Board of Elders.
To accomplish this work it is anticipated that, on average, he will invest approx. 50 hours per week into the ministry. It is recognized that from time-to-time additional time will be required to deal with emergency situations that arise.
- Must have a passion and calling for preaching and shepherding.
- Must be ordainable by the Bible Fellowship Church Denomination (BFC).
- Must be in full agreement with the BFC Articles of Faith without reservation. (Doctrines of Grace) (Pre-mill, Pre-trib).
- Must meet the minimum qualifications as set forth in the BFC Faith and Order.
- Shall have 10 years Senior or Associate Pastoral experience or equivalent.
- This requirement is generally intended as a beginning measuring stick for being assured of a man’s abilities, who comes from outside the BFC and may be unknown apart from the search process.
$90,000-100,000 depending upon qualifications
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit for EBFC?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Senior Pastor at EBFC?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of EBFC?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected].