Mayfair Bible Church (MBC) is looking for a lead pastor to join its team of elders in shepherding God’s flock. The elder board—which consists of five or more lay elders, two associate pastors, and the lead pastor—works with the deacon board to guide, serve, and love the church family.
History of Mayfair Bible Church Located in Flushing, Michigan, (a small town near Flint), Mayfair Bible Church grew from a neighborhood ministry in 1929 to an incorporated church in 1945 and has remained a witness to God’s faithful grace and truth. Throughout its history, Mayfair has remained committed to biblical teaching and preaching, excellence in Christian music, relevant youth ministry, and spiritual growth for its members—under the stable leadership of only four lead pastors. The Mission Statement calls people to “Belong to Jesus, Thrive in Jesus, and Go with Jesus.” The lead pastor is joined by a youth and family pastor, an associate pastor, and a director of music. The official board of elders and deacons oversees the ministries.
Lying on a twenty-acre parcel, MBC houses an 800-seat worship center that is flanked by administration and educational wings. The facility also includes classrooms, a multi-purpose gymnasium, kitchen, outdoor pavilion, and ball diamond.
Responsibilities of the Senior/Lead Pastor
- Preach and teach the Word of God
- Provide for the regular observance of the ordinances and ceremonies of the church
- Provide pastoral care
- Provide spiritual leadership for church members
- Assist department heads in the promotion and overall work of their departments
- Equip the believers for works of service
- Hold regular staff meetings
- Perform all other duties as required
Qualifications of the Senior/Lead Pastor
- A man who meets the qualifications of 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4
- A master’s degree or higher in Christian theology
- Complete agreement with the Mayfair Doctrinal Statement
- Five or more years as a lead, senior, or teaching pastor
- Pass applicable background checks
- Experienced and committed to making disciples locally and globally
- Licensed or ordained in a like-minded church
- Pastoral team experience
The Flushing Community With an affordable cost of living, Flushing is a nice suburban town for raising a family. The city is located one hour north of Detroit, two hours east of Grand Rapids, one hour west of Canada, and two hours south of prime recreation locations. These “up north” locations offer an abundance of hunting, fishing, and recreational opportunities. The state motto, “Pure Michigan,” describes our forests and the clear waters that surround the state on three sides.
The three primary ethnicities that make up Genesee County are white (71.7%), black (19.5%), and multiracial (3.58%).
How To Apply
Submit application packet to [email protected]. Packets will be processed as early as May 2023.