Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 1:3
The Village Church is a God-focused, family-fueled community escorting people to center their lives in Jesus. Jesus was focused on relationships in three dimensions – UP with his Father; IN with his followers; and OUT with people not yet his followers. The Village Church is about leading people in their next step in relationships “UP, IN and OUT”.
The Village Church was planted in Baldwin, WI thirteen years ago. Baldwin is a community situated forty-five minutes from the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, MN. Known as “the Biggest Little Town in Wisconsin,” Baldwin is situated in the St. Croix Valley in western Wisconsin. Filled with small-town charm, Baldwin is home to festivals, friendly neighbors, and a windmill in one of its eight parks. Twenty minutes from mid-sized shopping in Hudson, WI and around an hour from major metropolitan attractions, it is transforming from a rural farming town into a commuter community. This transformation is driving both rapid growth as well as diversity in the population. (www.villageofbaldwin.com)
We are currently gathering for worship at the Historic Woodside Chapel located at 2311 County Rd. N near Baldwin, with seating that accommodates up to 400. We are actively looking for a permanent facility to better meet the needs of our community. We are excited about our future as we trust God to build His Kingdom through our faithful congregation and the wider St. Croix Valley area.
- Prayer: Seek and promote prayer as a priority, both personally and in the life of the church.
- Teaching: Prepare expository and topical sermons through God’s leading, a thorough knowledge of the scriptures and sound doctrine, and makes biblical theology relevant to the churched and un-churched. Ministering to the congregation from a belief that the Bible is the inerrant, infallible Word of God.
- Discipleship: Understand and cultivate the spiritual gifts of the congregation, giving opportunities and encouragement for the use of these gifts in worship, evangelism, and the building up of the Body of Christ.
- Shepherding: Provide compassion, guidance, and wise counsel in life’s tragedies and triumphs. Guide the church body to maturity in spiritual growth and godly wisdom as kingdom ambassadors.
- Outreach: Teaching and coaching others to engage with the community through missional evangelism. Build relationships with local church leaders to further God’s Kingdom.
- Church Leadership: Providing vision and leadership for the congregation and all of its ministries.
- Staff Leadership: Provide ongoing support and spiritual oversight of church staff. Be personally involved in selection and supervision of staff members as needed.
- Administration: Participate in the planning of the church ministries in cooperation with the church management team, Elders, staff, and the church body. Able to prioritize and effectively delegate responsibilities for the growth of the church and the individual.
- Be an ordained minister or willing to seek ordination within the first two years of employment.
- Pastor displays leadership and spiritual maturity as delineated in 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9.
- Pastor shall be a baptized believer who is firmly committed to the ministry of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Pastor shall have five or more years’ experience in leadership roles in a church or para-church ministry.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in biblical studies, pastoral ministries, or similar field of study; Or a degree from a respected evangelical seminary.
- Seeks and promotes prayer as a priority, both personally and in the life of the Church.
- Gifted preacher/teacher.
- Demonstrates a wise and discerning spirit.
- Ministry flows out of a passionate relationship with God.
- Demonstrates compassion and heartfelt love for people with a Christ-like concern for their spiritual, physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
- Demonstrates mature balance of strength and humility.
- Exhibits enthusiasm for mentoring, discipleship, and helping others develop their gifts.
- Is personable and approachable.
- Seeks to be involved in the community.
- Enjoys being in relationship with church family and is interested in the events of their lives.
How To Apply
Please prayerfully consider applying at [email protected] Please include a cover letter, resume (including three references and three links to your sermons expository, topical, and your favorite sermon), and statement of faith.
For more information on The Village Church, see www.thevillagechurchbaldwin.org.
Mailing Address: PO Box 464, Baldwin, WI 54002
Current Location: Woodside Chapel, 2311 County Rd N, Baldwin, WI 54002
Opening Date: May 26, 2023
Closing Date: June 30, 2023