Church and Community Overview
Lafayette Community Church is located 4 miles from Purdue University in the center of the business district of Lafayette, IN. Lafayette is a moderately sized community with a unique blend of diversity from Purdue University and our long-established industrial economy. Lafayette is conveniently situated along I-65 between Indianapolis, IN and Chicago, IL. Lafayette Community Church first opened its doors in 2007 in hopes to reach the spiritually thirsty of the Lafayette area. Our multi-generational congregation participates in non-denominational contemporary worship with a casual atmosphere. While attendance has declined since the COVID-19 Pandemic, we look forward to growing as a congregation and thriving under new leadership. In adherence to our commitment to faith and the Great Commission, we value relationships and community involvement in building the body of Christ.
Lead Pastor Job Overview
We are looking for a servant leader, highly relational, with a clear vision for local, regional and global ministry. They will need to have strong communication skills (both in the pulpit and interpersonally), a calling for developing new leaders, a passion for reaching people far from God, and the ability to motivate others to be a part of God’s redemptive cause. They will need to understand and work with our existing partnerships with Converge MidAmerica and Converge.
- Leadership Skills
- Envision new possibilities for the ministry of Lafayette Community Church.
- Think strategically about opportunities and challenges.
- Identify and communicate clear goals and effective strategies to achieve them.
- Develop an effective ministry team with staff and lay leaders.
- Realistically assess situations and take appropriate actions.
- Maintain awareness of and ability to employ current technology for effective ministry.
2. Communication Skills
- Strong biblical preaching for life transformation.
- The ability to teach and communicate God’s Word in a variety of settings.
- Cast and communicate a compelling and clear vision for Lafayette Community Church.
- Collaborate on written communications throughout the church.
- Collaborate in worship planning and preparation to inspire the church and reach the community.
3. Relationship Skills
- Strongly encourage and love people.
- Effective at interpersonal communication both as a listener and a speaker.
- Develop and employ the unique strengths of others.
- Facilitate a healing presence in conflicted relationships both personal and corporate.
- Personal Qualities
- Meet the New Testament requirements for office as listed in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- A strong devotional and prayer life.
- An inherent grace orientation in their relationship to God and other people.
- Energy and passion in implementing ministry.
- Attitudes and behaviors guided by biblical principles.
- Professional Qualities
- Embrace and hold the Affirmation of Faith of Converge MidAmerica & Lafayette Community Church.
- Lead the Church in vision and direction (Acts 11:30, 14:23, Philippians 1:1, Timothy 5:17).
- Administer the Church, equipping and overseeing the ministries of the Church (Exodus 18:17-18, Ephesians 4:11, 12, Titus 1:5-7).
- Oversee the shepherding of the Church assisted by other pastors, staff members, and the Board of Elders (John 21:16-17, Acts 20:17, 28, 1 Peter 5:1-4.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should apply by visiting https://www.convergeplacementnetwork.org. No need to email a resume or cover letter, instead all applicants must create an account and complete the required assessment and application.
Please contact Kirsten at Converge MidAmerica with any questions. [email protected].