Position: Lead Pastor, Encounter Church
Location: Sayre (Milan), PA
Accountable to Superintendent Pam Braman
Church Description: Encounter Church is “a movement of imperfect people pursuing wholeness in Christ and releasing hope along the journey.” This 10-year-old, contemporary church is currently averaging about 250 people on Sundays. Their services include powerful worship (with a great worship team), strong children’s / youth ministries, and engaging, biblical, practical preaching. Over half of the church is currently involved in some form of small group. The staff is multi-gifted, and the highly flexible and contemporary building is just two years old. While young families are the largest demographic, this church reaches across generations. They are looking for a new Lead Pastor to help them continue their mission of reaching their community. Encounter is a Free Methodist Church. The Lead Pastor must have a good theological fit with the denomination (Evangelical, Wesleyan / Arminian, Egalitarian).
Community description: A cluster of small towns along the NY / PA border comprise “The Valley” (Athens and Sayre, Pa, Waverly, NY) of around 14,000 people. There’s a small-town feel where people know and care for one another. It’s an area of natural beauty.
Qualities & Experience Desired:
- Deep love for the Lord, His Word, His people, as well as those who don’t yet know Him. Spiritual disciplines that reflect this love.
- Leader who can lead Encounter into its next season of fruitful ministry.
- Proven passion and experience at reaching those who aren’t yet followers of Jesus.
- Engaging preacher, with an ability to take the word of God and apply it to everyday life.
- Experience in larger, multi-staff church settings.
- Leader who effectively develops and empowers other leaders.
- Current staff includes: 2 full-time pastoral staff [in ministerial candidacy] with a variety of gifts which could be aligned in a variety of ways, 2 part-time staff, and an additional volunteer ministerial candidate).
- Pastor who has a heart for small-town ministry, in an area with many needs.
- Pastor with a practice of deep prayer.
- Pastor who is authentic and genuine, who can relate to all those who come.
- Systems builder who can cast vision for, and train others to create systems that will welcome, integrate, and disciple new people who come.
In addition to the above, there are expectations of all Genesis Pastors, listed on the website job listing: https://genesisfmc.com/job/lead-pastors/
How To Apply
Send your resume, including links to preaching, to: [email protected].