Leading | Keep the vision, mission, and goals of St. Paul’s in front of the staff, leaders, and church.
- Serve as the Head of Staff. Build unity on the staff team, facilitate regular meetings, ensure staff are cared for individually, and serve staff so that they and their ministries will flourish.
- Moderate the Session. Be accountable to and work with the session to accomplish the mission of the church by implementing our ministry plan.
- Collaborate with Pastors and Leaders. Create an environment that includes clear communication and Spirit-led interactions so that the leaders and the church can move forward together.
- Create Systems. Develop and implement systems that allow us to thrive as a growing church of 600+ members.
- Divide Specific Responsibilities. Work with the pastoral team to identify gifts and provide shared leadership in the six functional areas of the church:
Teaching | Communicate the good news of Jesus Christ through preaching, teaching, and training.
- Preach Regularly. Work with the pastoral team to develop the preaching plan for Sunday morning services. Preach biblical and theologically sound expository sermons, boldly proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ in a way that inspires the congregation to action.
- Equip the Saints. Prepare the people of St. Paul’s for the works of the ministry and to build up the body of Christ.
Nurturing | Care for the people of St. Paul’s by being present and encouraging relationships with one another.
- Pastoral Care. Visit hospitals and homes, conduct weddings and funerals, rejoice with those who rejoice, and mourn with those who mourn.
- Community Building. Nurture a Christ-centered community in which relationships across multiple generations are established and grown.
Serving | Engage the community and world through connection with local ministries, the Presbytery of the Alleghenies, and missionaries we support.
- Local Community. Build relationships with local pastors and ministries to partner for the cause of Christ in Somerset County.
- Presbytery of the Alleghenies. Engage at the presbytery level by attending meetings and serving on committees as needed.
- World Missions. Support our partners by raising awareness of their work to make Christ known to the ends of the earth.