Cornerstone Church is looking for a “first-chair” quality candidate who possesses the desire and calling that would lead them to the lead pastor role. The ideal candidate will be someone who is patient and humble enough to begin serving as a partner while being mentored to become the future senior pastor. The timetable for this succession transition would be approximately 12 months.
What You Bring:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Senior Pastor:
Education & Experience
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a leader at a like-sized ministry.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A Seminary Degree is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Leadership skills utilizing a cooperative, collaborative team leadership style.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain healthy and motivating relationships with coworkers, volunteers and Council of Elders (COE).
- Ability to use appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Able to make decisions and confront negative realities when and as needed.
- Candidate should have a proven track record of effective leadership, people development, good judgment, and a history of being above reproach in character.
- The right candidate will have a high EQ and a “go-getter,” entrepreneurial personality and approach to ministry.
- Excellent administrative and follow-through skills.
- Effective communication skills both in verbal and written form.
- Team player who communicates thoroughly and listens carefully.
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
- Genuine love for Jesus and God’s Word.
- Genuine love and care for people, staff, and congregants.
- Pursuit of a growing relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by action, attitude, and behavior.
- Ability to fully embrace the vision, values, and statement of faith of CC.
- Reliable, trustworthy, self-starter, and excellent at follow-through on details.