Family Bible Church is a non-denominational, non-charismatic, evangelical, elder led, body of believers. We are located in Oak Harbor, Washington on Whidbey Island. Currently there are two Sunday morning services and various events hosted throughout the week.
The Lead Pastor (Preaching and Teaching) will have pastoral oversight of the church, be skilled at expository preaching, oversight of a four-pastoral staff, be accountable to the elder board, value and encourage discipleship and small groups, be mission minded, and a competent pastoral counselor.
- Evidences a stable, mature relationship with Jesus Christ.
- MDiv or Graduate Seminary degree required.
- Minimum of ten years of previous experience in administrative church ministry.
- A member in good standing of a local church and will become a member of Family Bible Church.
- Demonstrates adequate Bible education to find or develop effective, engaging and exciting doctrinally sound teaching and preaching.
- Demonstrated capacity for organization, prioritization, and project management in a dynamically changing environment.
- Competent and confident public speaking and private communication skills.
- Must have demonstrated history of discipleship or mentoring of leaders.
- Demonstrated record of dealing with confidential matters in an objective and professional manner.
- Ability to work cooperatively with all staff levels.
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage budgets.
- Competent in current technologies (ex. Computer software and social media) as applies to the Lead Pastor.
- Understands and maintains moral and spiritual qualifications as expressed in 1 Timothy 3:1-12; 2 Timothy 2:14-15; Titus 1:5-9; and Acts 20:28.
- Regularly pursues professional development in Teaching and Preaching ministry through readings, classes and/or seminars focusing on leading the church.
- Clear salvation testimony and evidence of outstanding spiritual growth.
- There should be no pre-existing health conditions limiting the performance of responsibilities.
This is a full-time position with medical benefits and a percentage-matching 401K.
For a full description find it here, Lead Pastor (Preaching and Teaching) Job Description.
How To Apply
Application requirements and processes can be found at the Family Bible Church website.