Job Title: Lead Student Pastor
Reports to: Family Life Pastor
Status: Full Time – Salary Position
Summary of Contribution:
- Provide spiritual and strategic leadership to DC Student’s staff team.
- The Lead Student Pastor will also give hands on leadership to the ministry at Sand Lake (main campus), providing relational and pastoral care to kids, families and volunteers.
- Provide leadership and support to the Student Ministries Staff at all campuses.
- Develop each member of the Student Ministry Team personally and professionally.
- Recruit high-capacity leaders into the ministry.
- Lead through building leaders of leaders.
- Champion the Student Ministry Team vision: To see our students be known, know Jesus, and make Jesus known.
- Helping create strategic pathways for students to grow in their faith while setting strategies to grow the ministries to meet the church’s needs.
- Implement a compelling, relational ministry strategy to disciple “church kids” and reach those who have not yet put their faith in Christ.
- Oversee weekly programming for ministry to middle school and high school students across our 3 campuses.
- Give hands on leadership to our Student Ministry at our Sand Lake Campus in partnership with our Sand Lake Student Pastor.
- Passion and proven ability to teach God’s word to students in large and small group settings.
- Passion and proven ability to develop others, including staff, in their teaching gifts.
- Stay current on cultural trends and issues facing students and their families and be able to provide biblical guidance and perspective.
- Be an ally to parents in discipling their students by providing resources, counsel and support.
- Be a champion of healthy, team building, servant-leadership culture.
- Oversee the budgeting process for the Student Ministries Team across all campuses.
- Oversee the stewardship of ministry funds.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strength in relationship building.
- Strong time management skills and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient or some experience in Microsoft Products (Office 365).
- Planning Center Online experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in ministry, education or relevant field.
- Several years of experience in full-time student ministry/leadership.
- Experience in administration, coordination and event planning.
- Experience in teaching curriculum development.
- Experience in recruiting, training and managing teams.
- Experience leading vocational staff.
- Catalytic Leader: A catalytic leader models servant leadership empowers and positions others for growth and wins and actively builds a culture of Leadership Development.
- Innovator: An innovator fosters and initiates innovative ideas, methods, and solutions.
- Equipper: An equipper actively pursues the development of others through the provision of resources, next step opportunities and feedback.
- Strategic Thinker: A strategic thinker is proactive, understands and clearly defines the “end goal” of an organization/ministry and establishes short- and long-term strategies that will actualize that end goal.
- Collaborative Leader: A collaborative leader works effectively, both within a team and among diverse teams or departments, to create an environment where ideas and decisions are jointly developed, owned, and executed.
We offer benefit package that is competitive with current market value based on the position hired for and an applicant’s experience and education.
We are looking for an individual that displays the competencies above but also exudes high character. This individual holds themselves to a biblical standard that is above reproach and honors God in their words and actions. They work to achieve and maintain a high degree of chemistry with all they interact with.