Local Outreach Pastor/Director
Reports To: Annapolis Campus Pastor
Position Type: Full-time, Salaried, exempt
Purpose: To advance Bay Area’s mission of making passionate, maturing followers of Jesus from here to the nations by equipping the Bay Area people to live as sent ones, developing ministry strategies to engage the body in local outreach, and identifying and helping to cultivate key areas for launching new campuses and planting new churches.
- Models the lifestyle of a passionate maturing follower of Jesus; with a deep, personal commitment to Jesus
- Spiritually mature, emotionally intelligent
- Demonstrates humility
- Demonstrates discernment and godly wisdom
- Enthusiastically embraces God’s vision for BACC
- Theologically aligned with BACC as found in our doctrinal statement and position papers
- Equipper and mobilizer of people to reach others and serve the community
- Networker with the ability to create dynamic partnerships and relationships in the community
- Servant leader and team player who thrives on leading through others
- Teachable and approachable
- Ability to manage broad, diverse, and complex ministry Educational Qualifications: Seminary degree preferred; Relevant Bachelor’s degree and work experience considered
- Equip and mobilize the people of Bay Area to live on mission in word and deed. This involves modeling how to build relationships with those yet to come to Christ, training the body to share one’s testimony and the gospel, teaching how to engage in Biblical exploration and catalyzing an invitation culture.
- Further develop, clarify, and implement Bay Area’s local outreach strategy. Integrate the strategy across children, student, missional communities, and adult ministries. Lead adult outreach efforts.
- Build strategic relationships with our Local Ministry Partners, defining expectations and creating opportunities for Bay Area people to participate.
- Identify and cultivate key strategic areas for future campuses and church plants, working with Missional Communities and Sent Network.
- Oversee and manage Local Outreach budget, identifying and supporting strategic organizations and local missionaries.
- Provide oversight and input for Local Outreach within other campuses.
- Fulfill other responsibilities to the BACC family as directed.
- Attend staff meetings and other required leadership meetings
- Participate in all-staff events
- Meet with a Mentor/Coach for personal and spiritual development, if requested
- Continue to learn and grow through books, conferences, and other training opportunities
How To Apply
Bay Area Community Church
Overview – February 2022
From its base in Annapolis, MD Bay Area Community Church has enjoyed more than 35 years of vibrant ministry. Just as the early church was sent by Christ and empowered by the Spirit to reach Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, and the ends of the earth, Bay Area has been called to make passionate, maturing followers of Jesus from here to the nations.
As an advancing church, Bay Area is committed to advancing the gospel in you, your neighbors, and the nations. In order to further the reach of the gospel, our vision includes multiplying campuses and planting churches in our region and in the 19 regions of the world. With campuses in Annapolis and Odenton, and a goal of two additional campuses by the fall of 2024, building a culture of evangelism is a foundational priority. TIMES12, a church planting organization originally launched by Bay Area, has planted 33 churches in the mid-Atlantic region. Currently under-reached and under-resourced population groups in the immediate area are a major focus in our church planting efforts. Bay Area also partners with 20 local organizations and individuals ministering locally. These partnerships include various care-based and outreach ministries, as well as several ministries at the Naval Academy.
Bay Area shapes ministry around six core values that we believe are uniquely part of how God has built us as a local church. These six values are both descriptive and aspirational:
- Word Saturated
- Great Faith
- Better Together
- Generations To Come
- Relentless in Mission
- Extravagant Generosity
These values serve as the “operating system” for the many ministries of the church. We want to be a community who is first and foremost immersed in God’s Word, so we are empowered and lifted by great faith, which allows us to be extravagantly generous with our time, treasures, and talents. We know that God will bless what we give back to Him. This means we are relentless in pursuit of God’s mission to reach the future generations, our neighbors, and the nations. And we live life on mission together because we know that growth and fulfillment happen best in the context of community – we’re better together.
Weekend gatherings are biblically grounded, energizing, and creative. The overall experience is a vibrant, rich blend of warm community, solid biblical teaching, and dynamic worship that connects across all generations. Bay Area embraces an evangelical theology. A statement of beliefs as well as a number of position papers can be found here: www.bayareacc.org/beliefs.
The staff culture is authentic, relationally warm, and connective. With creativity, excellence, and a supportive spirit of camaraderie amongst the team, together we bring the best ideas to life. A culture of spiritually encouragement, personal health, hard work and prayerful dependence on Jesus permeates the staff and leadership.
The Local Outreach Pastor/Director will have an important role in equipping the body and partnering with local organizations to advance the gospel into Bay Area’s “Jerusalem, Judea and Samaria.”
To Apply, e-mail [email protected]