Manager of Sunday Services and Event Planning, East Side
This role leads and oversees Sunday worship planning, the Sunday Service Team (SST), Sunday Operations, and other special services and congregational events throughout the year. It is a highly relational role, as well as detail oriented. This role manages the weekly worship team meetings in consultation with the assistant pastor. This position recruits, equips, manages, and cares for SST members (volunteers) in the support and execution of welcoming, high-quality Sunday worship experience. This role oversees the Sunday Operations Manager and serves as the liaison between Redeemer East Side and Temple Israel (host location for Sunday services).
Sunday services (75%)
Provide primary leadership of SST volunteers.
- Recruit, equip, schedule, and care for volunteers and team leaders.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with volunteers.
- Develop and execute volunteer appreciation events and activities to create a flourishing community of volunteers and leaders.
- Develop and empower SST leaders to lead and care for their team members.
- Update volunteer policies procedures as needed.
- Maintain updated information for volunteers in database.
Partner with assistant pastor to oversee Sunday worship services
- Provide leadership to create an exceptionally warm, welcoming and organized Sunday service experience for RES congregants, newcomers,
and visitors, as well as other special worship services.
- Manage the Sunday Operations Manager and oversee the logistics and planning for Sunday worship.
- Work closely with music directors to ensure excellence in worship services.
- Oversee scheduling and manage assigned responsibilities for worship service special elements.
- Oversee Sunday service audio/visual independent contractors.
- Serve as primary liaison between RES and Temple Israel.
- Reviews and finalize along with Heather the worship guide and slides for worship.
Congregational event planning (10%)
Collaborate with other staff to provide logistics and volunteers for RES congregational events, such as congregational meetings, vision nights, spiritual formation conferences
- Attend staff meetings and all staff offsites/retreats.
- Develop and manage SST and Sunday Operations budgets.
- Approve necessary expense reports.
- Study, read, and grow spiritually, professionally, and personally.
- This role is a combination of highly tactical, administrative and relational task.
- Excellent organizational, communication, multitasking, problem-solving, and interpersonal skill.
- Team player/leader with a ministry mindset.
- Volunteer management and event experience.
- Demonstrate a high level of commitment and dependability serving multiple constituencies.
- Comfortable and capable at managing complex projects.
- Demonstrate high emotional maturity and a pleasant, professional attitude in highly dynamic event environments.
- Simultaneously committed to caring for people and producing a high level of excellence.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive projects to completion in a timely manner.
- Work on Sundays, occasionally on weekends or evenings as needed.
- Embrace Redeemer’s vision and have a gospel-oriented heart for New York City.
- Minimum four-year college degree required.
- Two plus years of ministry and/or event planning experience strongly preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel), database management and online applications (Google calendar, Google documents, etc.). Working knowledge of A/V systems, and social media (Facebook, Twitter).
Compensation: $49,531.00 – $66,042.00 per year
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Redeemer family of churches and ministries exist to help build a great city for all people through a movement of the gospel that brings personal conversion, community formation, social justice, and cultural renewal to New York City and, through it, the world.
How To Apply
Please apply online at https://eastside-redeemer.apscareerportal.com/jobs/1842289/apps/new.