Mandarin Ministry Pastor
To assist Senior Pastor minister to the needs of the Mandarin congregation; to help and encourage those in need of pastoral assistance.
Ministry Duties: The Chinese Ministry Pastor shall assist the Senior Pastor to oversee a Biblical Chinese ministry for the Oversea Chinese Mission. Further, he or she shall provide pastoral leadership in promoting healthy Christian life experiences both within the home and corporately within the church body. He or she is to nurture and shepherd the Chinese speaking congregation. If, and when necessary, he or she will assist in the various ministries with the English-speaking congregation, leading to the completion of the total vision and objective of the church. His or her responsibilities shall include recruiting and training lay leaders; developing and managing preventive, enrichment, and remedial programs of the Chinese ministry; maintaining proper coordination and working relationships with the church staff, lay leaders, and lay volunteers for Senior Pastor and accomplishing all the administrative duties required to keep this ministry functioning effectively.
- Maintain good communication and understanding with the senior pastor and church staff, lay leaders and the whole congregation.
- Work with Worship Coordinator to plan and oversee Sunday Worship Services.
- Provide additional Pastoral care as required through counseling and visitation.
- Plan Chinese Ministry programs by providing guidance (will direct calls/contact to appropriate individuals).
- Train and equip lay leaders to do the ministry.
- Shepherd and disciple Adult Chinese congregation.
- Develop service and outreach opportunities that will enrich families and touch others’ lives.
- Plan and encourage activities which will promote the development of the OCM ministries.
- Attend church staff meetings.
- Attend and support the church meetings and activities.
- Plan a yearly calendar for the Chinese ministry; monitor the expenditure, setting goals for growth according to the “church theme”.
- Work closely with the Senior Pastor to coordinate overall ministries and activities in the church.
- Call and commitment to ministry.
- A call for commitment to full-time ministry.
- To have a deeply committed Christian faith, a genuine spirituality and humble spirit.
- To have a heart for the church’s vision of the Chinese ministry.
- The ability to work as a team player, supporting and encouraging other staff.
- Demonstrate the potential of a strong working relationship with the Senior Pastor.
- Able to lead energizing, dynamic training and inspiring workshops.
- To be hard-working, be a self-starter and willing to work “whatever it takes” for the ministry.
- Character traits and skills
- Exhibit strong Christian character that demonstrates a close relationship with God through personal devotion, worship, and prayer life.
- Realize that God is always working, seeks to join God in His work, and is willing to make life adjustments in order to join God in what He is doing.
- Seek to minister to the Chinese Congregation.
- Can demonstrate ability to recognize and develop potential leaders.
- Has Christlike attitude that is accepting and inclusive of all the diverse parts of the body of Christ.
- Has conceptual skills and can develop an idea into an active ministry.
- Is enthusiastic, high energy, self-starter; encourager, visionary and a people person who enjoys and maintains relationships with people.
- Has demonstrated maturity through various levels of mental, spiritual and character development.
Full Job Posting:
How To Apply
To apply for an open position at our church please do one of the following:
Contact the Pastoral Search Committee by emailing HR at [email protected]
or by Regular Mail to:
Oversea Chinese Mission
154 Hester Street
New York, NY 10013