Minister of Mission and Formation
All Souls Fellowship is searching for an Assistant Pastor/Minister for Mission and Formation who will make explicit the link between formation in the image of Jesus and missional engagement with our city and our world. This person will have a passion for local and global service and a strong heart for missional giving.
All Souls Fellowship is a 300+ member church located just a few miles east of downtown Atlanta, inside the perimeter in an area called Decatur. Most of our members live close to the church, and range in ages from a few months to well into their 70’s. We believe that the Spirit forms our community by gathering us to be with Jesus, shaping us to become like Jesus, and sending us out to bear Jesus’ image in the world. Our dream is that as we live this way, our lives, our communities, and our city will be transformed. We invite you to join us and hope that you will experience Christ in our services, events, small groups, mission and people.
The Minister of Mission and Formation’s Responsibilities Include:
- Oversee the Mission strategic area of All Soul’s Ministry.
- Liaise with existing ministry partners and develop framework for the cultivation of new strategic partnerships in alignment with All Souls’ Mission Frame.
- Develop and empower key leaders to build teams and facilitate rhythms of missional engagement, including the planning and execution of mission trips/ experiences and ongoing, relationships of local service and service within the church body.
- Communicate the vision of All Souls’ to the congregation, mission partners & volunteer leaders.
- Share leadership in the adult spiritual formation ministry of All Souls
- In partnership with the Lead Pastor and Associate Pastor, develop and run Adult Formation opportunities for continued growth in the way of Jesus.
- Provide oversight to Women’s Ministry by managing and developing the Director of Women’s Ministry.
- Develop Alpha Ministry (or similar) as a means of engaging non/dechurched individuals.
- Facilitate missional engagement within Community Group ministry.
- Preach and share in pastoral care needs regularly as directed by Lead Pastor (8-10 times per year).
What You Bring:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Minister for Mission and Formation:
Education & Experience
- M.Div or M.A. in a theological discipline.
- Ordained (or ordainable) within the EPC.
- 5+ years’ experience in ministry.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Desire to lead within the theological distinctiveness of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven team builder who can lead and empower volunteer and staff teams to execute goals.
- Ability to preach and communicate the necessity of missional engagement.
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
- Passion for service in local and global contexts and a heart for missional living.
- Deep personal commitment to Christ.
- Desire to serve in a collaborative, team-based environment.
- Desire to grow in faith and your own spiritual formation.