The First Baptist Church of Sharon is a small congregation, diverse in culture, abilities, ethnicity, and age. We are looking for a music minister that can effectively incorporate music in new and meaningful ways to enhance our worship experience. The ideal candidate should be able to work effectively across generations and ability levels and be familiar with Baptist liturgy. This is a part-time position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Encourage and lead the congregation in singing a range of Christian musical styles, including traditional, gospel and contemporary.
- Recruit, mentor and encourage congregation members of all ages to use their musical talents to enhance the worship experience.
- Provide special music either individually or by encouraging/leading member of the congregational hymns during two Sunday worship services each month (Communion Sunday plus one additional Sunday), and as circumstances and the Christian calendar warrants.
- Utilize church resources and CCLI licensing to select appropriate music to encourage and lead the congregation to sing a range of Christian musical styles.
- Build rapport with congregational members of all ages and encourage them to use and develop their musical gifts in praising God.
- Develop a church choir that is capable of singing a range of musical styles, both traditional, gospel and contemporary Christian music.
- Become an integral part of our church family by joining us in prayer, fellowship and service.
BA in Music and/or proven ability and experience in leading worship in a church setting.
Church Pastor with support from the Worship Committee.
How To Apply
How to Apply
Submit applications to [email protected]. Please call the phone number above with any questions. Please leave a message if no one is available to answer the phone at the time of your call and the Pastor or a member of the Worship Committee will return your call. Interviews will be ongoing until the Music Minister God has chosen for First Baptist Church of Sharon begins his/her ministry with us!