Minister of Spiritual Formation
Spiritual Formation Minister
Windsor Road Christian Church
2501 Windsor Road, Champaign, IL. 61822
Phone: 217-359-2122 | windsorroad.org
To provide overall leadership, development, coordination, and oversight of all ministries within the Adult Ministries area; specifically: small groups, men’s/women’s ministries, and spiritual formation classes. The Spiritual Formation Minister will also be a part of the Directional Leadership Team.
Administrative assistant, and servant volunteers in these areas: small groups, men’s/women’s ministry, and spiritual formation classes.
- Establish a ministry vision and strategic plan to include, but not limited to: small groups, spiritual growth and care classes, events, and utilizing digital strategies to augment in-person strategies.
- Lead and organize the groups ministry and spiritual formation classes.
- Oversee the men’s and women’s ministries.
- Develop and implement an ongoing strategy to recruit and train volunteers.
- Pastor and shepherd the flock via presence, conversation, and prayer.
- Provide input to the annual budgeting process.
- Provide oversight and periodic performance reviews to subordinate staff.
- Perform Sunday morning duties as assigned.
- Weddings, funerals, hospital visitations, and spiritual direction, as needed.
- Contribute to church publications.
- Other responsibilities and projects as may be assigned by the Executive Minister or Senior Minister.
- Ministry vision and strategies that support the overall church vision and strategic plan.
- Spiritually healthy adults that passionately pursue Christ, loving God, and loving people.
- A multiethnic church environment reflecting Revelation 7:9-10, Psalm 1, Acts 17:11, 2 Timothy 2:2, and James 1:22.
- A congregation that is educated in a Redemptive/Historical Christian worldview.
- A dynamic groups ministry featuring participation by 80% of the average Sunday morning adult worship attendance.
- Ministries that are fully staffed with volunteers.
- Ministries that draw support from and provide support to other Windsor Road ministries.
- A Senior Minister who affirms your ability to pastor the flock.
- Effective and collaborative staff relations and integration of effort.
- Clear communication to volunteers, staff, and Elders.
What we’re looking for
A Christ-follower who has a heart for God, and a love for people. We are looking for someone who has experience recruiting, training, coordinating, and coaching volunteers, while also providing spiritual formation, leadership, shepherding and execution of ministry plans. We see the Spiritual Formation Minister as a developer and a manager, developing people in ministry, and shepherding people towards a growing relationship with Christ.
- 3+ years of experience in the local church or equivalent.
- Seminary education.
- Ordination by the local church in agreement with Windsor Road Christian Church’s Statement of Faith.
Compensation is competitive and includes vacation, medical leave, continuing education, personal days, spiritual days away, bereavement leave, and medical insurance for the employee and his/her family within the limits allowed by our employee handbook.
How To Apply
Please email your resume, cover letter and references to [email protected]. All emails will receive an immediate confirmation email and a determination of status within 14 days.