The First Baptist Church of Hickory, North Carolina is seeking a Minister to Students and their Families, whom God has called, to join our ministry team as together we seek to Behold and Become Like Jesus. The church has embraced this congregational vision, informed by Scripture and the convictions of spiritual formation unto Christlikeness, of which the Minister to Students and their Families will have the opportunity to implement in creative ways.
As the Job Title demonstrates, we see this ministry not only to be directed to students, but equally directed toward their families; equipping and empowering parents as the primary disciple-makers of their students, making their homes arenas in which Beholding and Becoming Like Jesus becomes a reality.
Additionally, we desire our ministry staff to embody this congregational vision. No amount of ministry programming is a substitute for personal conformity to Christlikeness. As such, we take the below demarcations in responsibilities seriously and hope that it communicates the importance we place on a staff environment that is conducive towards our ministers embodying our church vision.
- To demonstrate, and bear witness to, a personal commitment to conformity in character to Christlikeness.
- To demonstrate, and bear witness to, a personal commitment to Christlike service and responsibility to one’s family.
- The Minister to Students and their Families will provide comprehensive leadership over all weekly and seasonal ministry to those ages 7th grade — 12th grade, including, but not limited to: Sunday School, Midweek ministry, Summer camp(s), and regular mission, fellowship, and service opportunities.
- He/ She will develop and equip a strong congregational team to come alongside and help support and carry out the ministry to students and their families.
- He/ She will equip parents as primary disciple-makers of their students; and help families worship and grow in Christlikeness together.
- He/ She will equip students for outreach and evangelistic opportunities, including programming that serves the same purposes.
- Some general responsibilities common to all of the church’s ministerial staff will be expected, such as pastoral care opportunities, and shared participation in congregational gatherings, including, but not limited to: weekly worship, seasonal events, mission-service opportunities, and community outreach.
- A demonstrated relationship with Jesus Christ.
- A demonstrated call to Christian ministry.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Graduate, seminary training preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
- This will be a full-time, benefitted position.
How To Apply
Expressions of Interest
If you have a prayerful interest in the position, we would be grateful to hear from you by email at [email protected]. In order to help us become introduced to you, please include:
- A letter of interest, including a summary of your philosophy of ministry.
- A current résumé.