At Stephen Ministries, our mission is to equip people for ministry. We’re an independent, nonprofit Christian educational organization that develops and distributes books and videos, provides training, and offers consultation on Christian caregiving to individuals, congregations, and other organizations around the world. For over 45 years, we’ve offered high-quality resources that have equipped millions of people to care for those who are going through difficult times—and we are continuing to grow.
Stephen Ministries hires people, not positions—meaning that we don’t just look for people to fit preset roles, but work to identify each individual’s gifts, talents, and skills and build a position with them. One of our core values is to maintain a positive work environment, which allows our staff to thrive as they engage in work that makes a big impact in the lives of the people we serve.
The workday of a Ministry Support Specialist involves a variety of tasks, working directly with our customers, completing individual projects, and collaborating regularly with fellow staff at Stephen Ministries. Each staff member meets regularly with a mentor/supervisor who supports their work, encourages their professional development, and challenges them with new opportunities for growth.
Staff in this Role:
- Deliver ministry support to customers over the phone, answering their questions and assisting them with the training, books, and materials they need for ministry
- Support our live, interactive online training events
- Complete various administrative tasks that support the organization and its mission
- In addition, those in this role may have the opportunity to take on responsibilities in such areas as:
- Writing and program development
- Teaching, online or in person
- Consulting with church leaders, both lay and clergy
- Managing various projects
- Conducting market research
- Participating in organizational operations
- Assisting with information technology
- Accounting, purchasing, and inventory management
A number of full-time and part-time opportunities are available. All positions are located at the Stephen Ministries Center in the Saint Louis, Missouri, area.
Stephen Ministries offers competitive pay and benefits (medical, dental, and pension), as well as a generous time-off policy.
Ideal candidates for this role:
- Have a four-year college degree.
- Enjoy working with customers.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Are flexible, kind, and team-oriented.
- Are eager to learn and take on new tasks and responsibilities.
- Are enthusiastic about and can actively represent the mission and ministry of Stephen Ministries.
How To Apply
Join Our Team
To apply, submit a résumé and cover letter in standard business letter format using one of the following options. Include academic information, including grades and standardized test scores at all levels. For more information, call us at 314-428-2600 or visit www.stephenministries.org/careers.
Apply by mail:
Attn: Human Resources
2045 Innerbelt Business Center Dr.
Saint Louis, MO 63114
Apply by email:
Apply by fax: (314) 428-7888