Missions and Multicultural Ministries Coordinator
Date Posted: November 8, 2022
Hours Per Week: 20
Lexington, MA, USA
Job Type: Other Professional Ministry Positions,Support Position
We are looking for an experienced, relational, flexible, tech savvy and energetic administrative professional to join our staff team as an Administrative Specialist. In this role you will provide a wide range of administrative and office support activities to our Missional Partnerships and Multicultural Ministry. This role is part-time (24 hours/week) at our Lexington Campus and reports to the Pastor of Missional Partnerships and Multicultural Ministry.
In this role you will:
- In partnership with the Pastor of Missional Partnerships and Multicultural ministries, communicate regularly with our mission partners and with the Partner Care Teams who care for them.
- This includes assisting in paperwork needed for financial support, annual reports, and special offerings.
- Support the Missional Leadership Team, the Global Awareness Week planning team and CCLE team leaders.
- Organize and coordinate facets of Global Awareness Week, our annual, week-long missions conference where we host a selection of our regional and global partners on each campus.
- This includes organizing travel and logistics, communicating with the partners and travel agents, arranging for a pre-conference retreat center, internal coordination of our partners visits to each campus and working closely with a team of volunteers who help plan and support the conference.
- Manage project and event communications; maintain pages on our website and information on the Missional Partnership touchscreen.
- Create and maintain events on our ministry calendars; manage Microsoft Teams postings; take notes in meetings; assist with Zoom meetings.
- Train adult teams in the use of Managed Missions (a mission trip software program).
- Track fundraising efforts of all Cross-Cultural Learning Experiences (CCLE) teams. Help organize a CCLE weekend training retreat. Update customized risk management procedures for each team on the platform, work with travel agents, receive CORI and other CCLE forms.
- Assist in research projects to catalyze collaboration on aspects of missional partnerships and Multicultural ministry as needed.
- Utilizing our Church Management System, send mass email communications as needed.
- Participate in the staff life, responsibilities, and activities of Grace Chapel as available.
What you bring:
Education & Experience
- You must possess solid administrative and communication skills with an understanding of cross-cultural communication skills to support and facilitate the day-to-day details of a fluid and fast-paced environment.
- You should have specific proficiency in MS Office applications (including MS Teams), Google Drive and other google platforms, website and database management, a variety of social media platforms, and the Zoom videoconferencing service.
- You should be able to adapt and learn new web-based applications and systems.
- An undergraduate degree is a plus.
- A growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- A heart for the global church and an appreciation for and curiosity about other people and cultures.
- Energetic with a strong desire to be part of a local church ministry team.
- Tech Savvy, able and willing to learn new systems.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to organize, partner with volunteer teams, pay close attention to details and work independently.
- See projects through from conception to implementation, working through all the details to make it happen.
- Proactive, flexible, and able to adapt to last-minute developments typical of cross-cultural communication and church ministry.
How To Apply
Click Here to apply!