Missions Team Coordinator: Part-Time 20hrs/week
- Do you enjoy impacting those outside of the church both locally and globally?
- Do you finish your to-do lists, enjoy juggling multiple projects with grace and effectiveness?
- Do you take God seriously and yourself not-so-seriously?
- Can you confidently and successfully work with a church that includes people who are skeptical about faith, longtime believers…and everywhere in between?
An emphatic “Yes” to all four? If so, we would like for you to keep reading and consider joining our team. Lake Forest Church is seeking a Missions Team Coordinator to help shepherd our missional impact in our local community and around the world. This person will love a growing group of imperfect people and help them discover and live out their role in God’s story locally and globally.
Before we get to the real job description, here’s a little more about us:
Lake Forest Church – Westlake was planted in 2014 and in August of 2021 we moved into our new permanent location. Each Sunday we welcome roughly 500-600 adults and kids to worship, with many others engaging online. LFC is a member of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC). The laser beam vision of LFC is reaching people who have ‘given up on church but not on God’ through a clear and engaging focus on Jesus, spiritual growth in small groups, and intentional deployment outward in mission.
We strive to be a safe and encouraging environment for people who are curious, cautious or committed in a relationship with Jesus. Lake Forest lives by the mission and passions that God has given us (http://lakeforest.org/our- story/mission-and-passions/). We expect every staff member to be a full DNA match, meaning that she/he resonates deeply with our mission and passions.
About the Role:
Lake Forest Church is committed to existing for a purpose greater than ourselves. As part of this vision, we desire that every person in our church discovers ways that they can be a part of making a difference beyond the walls of our church, in the community, or around the world. This is what we believe it means to be a part of the Missio Dei (the Mission of God). This includes a comprehensive vision of God’s Kingdom that cares about mercy, justice, care for the poor and the most vulnerable, and evangelism.
The Missions Coordinator is charged with helping us execute that vision as a church. By supporting our existing Ministry Leaders (Kid’s Hope, Lake Forest Shares, and other local, regional, and international mission efforts) and creating pathways for our congregants to connect with these ministries. The Coordinator will support various aspects of our Missions efforts as a church.
This role requires someone that is great at supporting leaders, and getting things done and is a great fit for someone who is a self-starter, proactive, and passionate about making a difference.
- Serve on the Missions Team: Work with the Missions Team to execute on all decisions, providing administrative and implementation support on missions initiatives. Schedule and organize in preparation for the monthly missions team meetings, holding financials accountable, helping to establish and implement processes for all teams under the Missions Team to execute well and be cared for well.
- Represent Lake Forest: Alongside the Missions Team, serve as the face of Lake Forest to our Community Partners and help to establish new partnerships that are in line with our vision. Some partnerships will require closer communication and more involvement than others.
- Help raise up and Develop Leaders: The Missions Team Coordinator is not responsible to lead every local or international mission effort, but for working with the individual ministry leaders for each initiative to help them be successful. Through recruitment, training, and support of these leaders, the Mission Team will help maximize our church’s missional impact.
- Promote Volunteer Engagement: Work with the LFC staff and other team leaders to communicate and promote local and global mission opportunities.
Because this role is a mobilizing one, it will often require working on Sunday mornings and on occasional weekends. Additionally, the volunteer leaders of our ministry initiatives have their own full-time jobs so will need to connect with them on their schedules. All this to say that some of the role will require working outside of the normal 9-5.
The Missions Team Coordinator will primarily report to the Lake Forest Church – WestLake Lead Pastor
- Growing faith in Jesus
- History of being a self-starter who sees projects to completion and pays attention to
- Manage time and schedules well and meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills for relating effectively with staff members, leadership, volunteers, and outside vendors.
- High level of
- Heart for missions and involvement in
- Ability to worship at Lake Forest Church – WestLake on a regular
- Able and available to travel internationally if
Degree: High School Diploma or equivalent. College education desired but not required.
This staff position is a 20 hours/week, non-exempt, part-time position. Pay is in keeping with regional pay for similar roles in churches our size.
How To Apply
To Apply: Send Resume and Cover letter to [email protected] by February 1, 2023.