The Music Director is a part-time role, 10-15 hours per week. The vision of Christ the King Dorchester is to be a gospel-driven church seeking the renewal and flourishing of all people in Dorchester and beyond. As a church based in Boston’s largest and most diverse neighborhood, we are seeking to hire a Music Director who will help lead our worship services in ways that reflect the beautiful diversity not only of our congregation, but also the community our church is rooted in. Our Sunday worship services include varied musical styles drawing from gospel, hymns, and contemporary worship. CTK Dorchester is a member of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA).
We are seeking:
- A gifted musician, who is called and able to lead musical worship in ways that reflect the diversity of our congregation and community.
- A developer of persons, who can lead our current group of music ministry volunteers and continue to develop and grow this team as you lead worship together.
- A contributing member of our church staff team, who will help shape Sunday worship services, as well as the broader life and ministry of our local church.
- Oversee music for Sunday worship services and special events
- Lead and develop a volunteer worship team who help lead each Sunday
- Have creative oversight over all musical and lyrical arrangements
- Organize and lead rehearsals of the music team
- Manage the scheduling of rotations for music ministry volunteers
- Collaborate with the Lead Pastor in choosing songs
- Provide improvisational transition music during services
- Prepare slides for Sunday services
- Lead music for additional special events, such as Good Friday, Christmas Eve, etc.
- Order music and maintain music library and ensure compliance with copyright laws.
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Have experienced the grace of Jesus Christ in your own life and responded in faith
- Be willing to make CTK Dorchester your church home by becoming a communing member
- Gifted in musical ability vocally or instrumentally (piano or guitar preferred)
- Ability to lead a congregation in musical worship both solo or with a team.
- Three to five years experience in leading musical worship
- Residing in, or willingness to relocate to, the neighborhood of Dorchester or surrounding communities is preferred
Oversight: Supervision for the Music Director will be provided by our Lead Pastor, Rev. Moses Park.
Compensation: $12,000 Salary
How To Apply
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to Keith Riddle at [email protected].