Part-Time Music Director Position, about 5 hours per week. $7,500 a year, which comes to about $31/hr.
To create an atmosphere of worship, celebration and reverence to God through music for all services. Lead and direct the Church music program to include choir(s), vocal, instrumental and other phases/expressions of musical experience.
In addition to an understanding and agreement with Cliftondale’s mission and statement of faith (see below), the Music Director must possess the following traits:
1. Since the music director is leading worship to God, a committed, active and growing relationship with Christ is the foundation of this position.
2. Feel a call to ministry through music, expressing a passion about connecting people with God through music. We are looking for not just a musician but someone who feels a sense of ministry through their gifts in music for the edification of the church.
3. Ability to lead, inspire and engage the congregation during the worship experience.
1. Under the direction of the pastor, plan and play worship music for Sunday and special services as dictated by the church calendar (Christmas, Easter and Advent).
2. Provide piano or guitar accompaniment during worship.
3. Help bridge generational/cultural differences of the congregation by selecting a balance of musical styles.
4. Build and lead a choir(s) for Sunday worship and/or special events.
Skills & Qualifications:
1. Proficiency in piano is essential. Proficiency in guitar will also be considered.
2. Our music vision is a form of blended worship, so familiarity with playing a broad range of worship music styles from traditional hymns and contemporary Christians songs is required.
3. Ability to play or willingness to learn to play the organ is a plus.
4. Must have reliable transportation and be legally permitted to work in the US.
To lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ through Bible instruction, inspiring worship, engaging fellowship and community outreach.
To see ourselves, our community and our world continuously transformed and strengthened through Jesus’ love and teachings
“Where Jesus is Lord and People are Loved”
Statement of Faith:
We believe the Bible consisting of the Old and New Testaments, to be the only inspired, inerrant, infallible, authoritative Word of God written.
We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
We believe in the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
We believe that for the eternal salvation of lost and sinful humankind, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by Whose indwelling power and fullness Christians are enabled to live a godly life in this present evil/fallen world.
We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life eternal and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ.
How To Apply
Send cover letter and resume to [email protected]. No phone calls, please.