The primary role of musical worship pastor at North Park Community Church is to lead the congregation in praise and musical worship. This position involves pastoral leadership in the oversight and development of the musical worship department through prayer, shepherding, execution, training, planning, and vision implementation. Beyond musical worship and the
accompanying oversight of the tech team, this role will serve as an associate pastor who will assist Pastor Luke in the shepherding of the congregation.
This role, as it involves associate pastor responsibilities, is subject to alteration to accommodate the needs of the ministry in any given season. North Park operates as a team, and cooperation from all staff members is a part of our culture. With that said, we strive for clarity, focus, and definition in all roles and responsibilities, and any changes will be clearly communicated. The primary tasks and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
● Lead and oversee all areas of the musical worship department.
● Develop worship services at least 4 weeks out, including the scheduling of music and volunteers.
● Serve the musical worship department by being prepared and communicating regularly and
clearly. The goal is to respect the volunteers’ time and to lead in a way that allows their gifts to flourish.
● Maintain and keep music and tech equipment up-to-date while balancing the music/technology budget.
● Plan and execute quarterly training and appreciation meetings that reinforce vision, correct mistakes, clarify direction, and collaborate together.
● Recruit new volunteers, integrate them into the musical worship team, develop their skills, and
encourage them spiritually.
● Attend elder and staff meetings.
● Share in the shepherding responsibilities of overseeing various ministries, connecting with
members, and following up with new visitors.
● Be a team player, ready to collaborate and contribute to the shared ministry at NPCC.
● A clear and growing relationship with and commitment to Jesus Christ.
● A personable and pastoral heart.
● Theological unity with the NPCC as described in the Statement of Faith and in accordance with Reformed Baptist doctrine.
● An ability to theologically discern and vet any songs that would be introduced in musical worship.
● Formal training in leading worship, ideally a Bachelor’s degree in worship ministry.
● A proven ability to lead others effectively and prior experience in leading corporate worship.
● Skill in piano and guitar.
● An ability to blend hymns and contemporary music in the worship service.
The worship pastor reports to and is supervised by Pastor Luke Johnson for spiritual and ministry
guidance. The elder board will perform an annual ministry performance review. Supervision in
maintaining a healthy work and home balance will also be involved.
About North Park Community Church:
North Park Community Church is a church located in northeast Fort Wayne, Indiana. We have a beautiful campus with a lot of opportunity to grow and serve our community. The culture of North Park is warm and welcoming, along with a high commitment to the Word of God. We are coming through a transition and recently brought Pastor Luke on as Lead Pastor. Currently, we average 80 congregants on a Sunday morning. We are very hopeful and optimistic for this next season of ministry, and we are looking for a musical worship pastor who will help us move in that direction.
North Park has a high value on the rich tradition of hymns that come from our spiritual forefathers. We
desire to preserve the heritage of hymns that were so formative in the past and have stood the test of
time. While we value hymns, we also recognize that contemporary music—that is both theologically
sound and congregationally singable—has value as well. We seek to implement newer songs that
reflect the ongoing art and craft of creating music of praise in our current day. For those reasons, we
maintain a blended musical worship experience that appreciates the contribution of songs of the past
and the songs of the present.
North Park Mission/Vision/Values:
The Mission of North Park- The mission of North Park is to connect our communities to Christ.
The Vision of North Park- The vision of North Park is to create opportunities for deeper connection to
Christ within the community of our church, the community of our homes, and the community around
The Values of North Park:
● Worshipping Christ
● Submit to Scripture
● Dependent on Prayer
● Growing Together
● Reaching Out
● Wisely Stewarding
How To Apply
Please submit a resumé and cover letter to Luke Johnson at [email protected] for consideration.