Charlotte Grace One Christ Church (Grace One) is a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic church based in Matthews, NC.
The Next Generation Director is to provide overall leadership to both Children’s ministry and Youth ministry (NextGen) under the leadership of the Elders Team, model and raise the value of a Christ-centered lifestyle for Grace One’s next generation. You will help design the children’s programs and the youth’s programs, as well as build a youth ministry core team and enhance our children’s ministry core team. Seek to integrate children’s ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries.
Children Ministry | Nursery through 5th Grade
- Oversee all activities of Grace One’s Children Ministry.
- Plan and organize all ministerial tasks of Children worship, Children Sunday school, and Friday night program.
- Give children’s sermon on Sundays.
- Manage the distribution and allocation of curriculum for Sunday School and Friday Night Program.
- Lead and work with Children Ministry Core Team to administrate programs and activities
Youth Ministry| 6th Grade through Highschool
- Oversee all activities of Grace One’s Youth Ministry.
- Plan and organize all ministerial tasks of Sunday School and Friday night youth group as well as special events that may occur on holidays.
- Establish strong relationships with the youth of our church to maximize the ministry impact in their lives through your commitment, dedication, and care.
- Work with Church leadership to establish a core team for youth ministry.
- Set the vision for the ministry, develop the corresponding youth programs, as well as provide counseling and spiritual direction to youth on an individual basis.
- Regularly engage with youths outside of scheduled church activities.
General Responsibilities | 0 – 18
- Develop and communicate a shared vision and strategy for NextGen ministry according to our Bylaws.
- Communicate with parents, staff and elder’s team consistently concerning kid’s ministry activities using relevant mediums.
- Support parents in more effectively fulfilling their parental discipleship roles, in concert with elders and other staff.
- Partner with families by building and maintaining quality relationships with parents and families of students involved in the student ministry and provide them with ongoing resources to help raise their students to know Jesus.
- Advocate on behalf of the youths to the parents, specifically about spiritual guidance for youths.
- Manage the annual ministry budget and demonstrate financial responsibility.
- Model a growing Christian life I Timothy 4:12 “…set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.”
- Exemplify obedience to the Word of God and devotion to prayer life.
- Must have a passion and heartfelt concern for the NextGen; be high energy, creative, hard-working, and possess the ability to motivate others, with joyful heart to serve.
- Must have strong communication, leadership, administrative and organizational skills.
- Must become an active member of Grace One and demonstrate faithfulness to Grace One’s vision, and fully embrace our Bylaws.
- Prefer Bachelor’s degree and leadership experience with NextGen ministry, and some affiliation with Asian culture is preferred.