Who are we?
We are a rural non-denominational, Bible-believing church that takes God and the Bible very seriously. This is reflected every Sunday as we gather together to Worship, celebrate the Gospel and hear the practical teaching of God’s word.
Harvest Church Exists to glorify God by making disciples who love God passionately, and love others unconditionally.
Categories: Associate Pastor/Family Pastor – Youth Pastor
Denominations: Bible Church
Church Size: 100-150
Job Type: Full-time
Employee Workplace: On-Site
This pastoral role is a full-time position in the areas of overall church community support as well as developing and supporting the growth of a youth program and outreach.
Responsible for providing leadership, developing direction, goals, planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating a comprehensive ministry for youth.
Accountable to: Senior Pastor as Mentor.
Elder board as Supervisor.
Church body as Employer.
Qualifications & Experience:
This area is very dynamic and depends on years of actual experience and/or education such as formal biblical studies, etc. While we believe in the importance of education, the following characteristics are important to us as we search for the right person to fulfill this role in our church. We are willing to train the right person!
- A growing relationship with Jesus Christ, a clear testimony of salvation and a commitment to the authority of Scripture.
- A passion for the great commission and be able to engage in and support mission outreach within the local community and beyond.
- Heart for the gospel and passionate about the spiritual growth of people.
- Has a heart for the God-given institutions of “The Church” and “The Family.”
- A healthy bible knowledge and ability to naturally express same in communications.
- Be able to foster building community within the church to support longevity and connection within the church family.
- Compassionate connector with leadership skills.
- Able to enlist and encourage additional leaders in the church.
- Excellent one on one and group communication skills.
- Person of integrity and consistent character.
- Demonstrating humility, honesty, kindness, sincerity and truthfulness.
- Be dependable, loyal, creative, flexible.
- Have a love for people and be loyal to the leadership and ministries of Harvest.
- Servant leader attitude.
- Team player, eager to work with, encourage and involve others in the process.
- Social media and technology abilities essential along with organizational skills.
- Submit to background check.
Assistant Pastor/ Church Community Focus:
- Weekly responsibilities outlined by Senior Pastor to support Pastoral team.
- Coordinate and oversee small group discipleship classes to promote community, connection and spiritual growth within the body.
- Assist with outreaches, seminars and special events (yearly picnic, meals) of Harvest Church.
- Actively participate in the life of the church and its people.
- Maintains social media posts/promotions as necessary to inform and advance ministry with the goal of connection within overall surrounding area as well as existing church attendees.
Youth/ Next Gen Pastor:
- Oversee, develop and organize a Youth Zone in our Harvest Church Ministry as it relates to 5th & 6th graders and above to include at least once a month gathering in member’s homes, the church, special events and retreats.
- Proclaiming and teaching the Word of God to create faith in the hearts of the Next Generation.
- Training them to love and serve Christ in and outside the church.
- Develop relationships with the youth of the church, their parents and the youth in the community.
- Develop outreach strategies for youth in the area.
- Intentional networking events to promote Harvest too to help build the youth program.
- Provide at least 2 trainings/organizational meetings per year for the volunteer staff.
How To Apply
Submit the following:
- Send resume to: [email protected].
- Include 3 – 5 references: pastor, employer, current friend, professional colleague.
- Results of any skill/strength/personality identifiers you may have already taken.