Vision New England (VNE) was founded in 1887 to spread the gospel and serve New England. Today we are 1000+ diverse ministries knit together by a desire to see New England transformed with the love of Jesus. We contribute to that by building, supporting and equipping ministries and networks to make disciples, do justice and foster unity to share Jesus. We work with diverse leaders and ministries in urban, suburban and rural contexts, and host events where Christians learn and collaborate to make disciples, do justice and foster unity, all of which is evangelistic (Matt. 28:19, Matt.5:16, John 17:21).
Are you a detail oriented person with a strong desire to get things done, who communicates clearly and efficiently, who likes to improve and oversee processes … who is looking for a part-time job where you can make a big Kingdom impact? Then this job may be for you!
Position Overview: Office Administrator reporting to the President. Part-time 20 hours per week (may evolve to full-time).
This part-time job is responsible for ensuring the ministry operates in a professional and efficient manner to deliver against our ministry plan and have a maximum Kingdom impact. They do this by:
- Owning our annual calendar of events and processes to ensure we stay on-track with team meetings, retreats, progress reviews, Board and Director Meetings, goal setting and budgets, performance appraisals, grant reporting, stakeholder updates, cash management, and compliance. To be clear, this person doesn’t do every task in each item, but owns keeping us on-track.
- Work with peers to ensure key processes are in place, easily understood, accessible, implemented and controlled, and ensuring issues are resolved when they arise.
- Special projects and admin tasks including supporting Event and Communication initiatives.
- Conducting yourself in ways that reflects the love of Jesus including praying, reading and sharing Scripture together, and responding as the Holy Spirit may prompt you in your work.
Required Qualifications, Gifts, Strengths
- Unwavering commitment to Jesus demonstrated through Christian maturity, integrity, service.
- Gets things done on time by improving and running well thought-out and efficient processes.
- Organized, detail oriented, self-starter who communicates clearly and efficiently.
- Enjoys collaborating with peers to have an impact and likes different kinds of assignments.
- Knows or can learn Google Sheets and Docs. Experience with DonorPerfect and Tithe.ly a plus.
- Financially literate related to understanding budgets, revenue and expenses.
- Available to work during normal business hours.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience.
- Calling to join VNE and serve the Church in New England, to build, support and equip ministries and networks to make disciples, do justice and foster unity, to share Jesus.
- All VNE employees engage with people in and outside the Church and must be able to advance our mission by reflecting the love of Jesus and responding to prompts of the Holy Spirit. This requires candidates to regularly engage in the Christian spiritual disciplines and affirm VNE’s faith positions.
This job is based in New England and is home-officed requiring candidates to have a location that supports a professional work environment.
How To Apply
Interested parties should send their resume and salary requirements to [email protected] for consideration.