Greetings to prospective applicants and friends,
Trusting in the Lord’s help, Trinity Presbyterian Church—a large, multi-generational PCA church in Charlottesville, Virginia—requests applications for the position of Operations Director. Our earnest hope is that this Operations Director role will be used by God to strategically develop and connect ministries and programs at Trinity Presbyterian Church through effective administration, communication, and management.
Our ideal candidate will exhibit both the relational maturity and managerial proficiency necessary to guide the daily business of the church. He or she will manage and establish effective processes, oversee financial resources, and lead our operations team in coordinating and supporting the various areas of ministry within the church. This person should be business minded while also possessing a mature and growing faith, a heart for Christ’s church, an appreciation for our Reformed confession of faith, and a commitment to the mission of God.
The Operations Director will implement the vision of Trinity Presbyterian Church through the efficient utilization of administrative systems, clear communication, and the effective management of church resources: personnel, finance, and facilities.
- Full-time Director
- Basic office schedule four weekdays per week + Sunday and some evening meetings.
- 40–50 hours per week (hours above 40 to be given to participation in the life of the church).
- Member of Trinity Leadership Team.
- Willingness to adhere to PCA polity and theology.
- Worship at Trinity Presbyterian Church and pursue membership.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated strategic, organizational, and managerial leadership.
- Experience incorporating the perspectives of multiple communities and constituents.
- Effective written and verbal communicator.
- Collaborative team leader.
- Able to keep the big picture in mind but see the details needed to get there.
- Thoughtful, mature, seasoned walk with Christ.
- Emotional intelligence and relational gifting to effectively foster a team environment and lead teams.
- Creative problem solver.
Administrative Systems Management
- Manage people information and assimilation systems, scheduling systems, and communications systems.
- Manage processes of goal-setting and performance-tracking with pastors and leadership team.
- Represent finance and facility items at the Session and Diaconate meetings.
- Manage financial resources church-wide (with Finance & Stewardship committees).
- Manage the maintenance and development of facilities (with Facilities Committee).
- Manage TPC human resources: hiring, policies, review processes, benefits packages.
- Supervise HR requirements.
How To Apply
Go to Trinity’s website to download the application packet. Submit cover letter and resume to [email protected].