Summary: At International Project, our organizational success depends on the efficiency of our organizational processes. To help maintain and improve our efficiency, we want an experienced operations manager to oversee daily activities. We are looking for a candidate with a passion for missions, a sharp mind for business, and proven success managing multiple departments toward maximum productivity. An ideal candidate would benefit from some experience in human resources, finance, and IT management. The ultimate responsibility of this position is to increase our operational efficiency in accomplishing our mission.
Objectives of This Role:
- Maintain constant communication with management, staff, and vendors to ensure proper operations of the organization.
- Develop, implement, and maintain quality assurance protocols.
- Grow the efficiency of existing organizational processes and procedures to enhance and sustain the organization’s internal capacity.
- Actively pursue strategic and operational objectives.
- Ensure operational activities remain on time and within a defined budget.
- Oversee bookkeeper and ensure proper protocol is followed.
- Manage all grants and participate in grant applications and reporting.
- Coordinate with treasurer for periodic review of books and any other audits or required financial reports.
- Manage payroll and proper payment/filing of taxes and other liabilities.
- Create and maintain department and overall budget process for the organization each year.
- Work with HR manager to ensure proper protocols are followed.
- Maintain all employee and partner files, in accordance with all applicable laws and best practices.
- Ensure International Project policies and procedures for employees, team members, partners, and volunteers follow proper protocols and best practices.
- Prepare all position descriptions to Communications and Mobilization departments for advertising purposes.
- Cultivate an encouraging culture by developing relationships of trust with missionaries.
- Produce reports and briefs when needed regarding team.
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance, human resources, communications, IT; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Implement effective systems to track progress, so specific metrics of success can be effectively communicated to the board, donors, and other constituents.
- Help develop a yearly operational plan for approval by the Board.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Manage IT strategies and needs, contract with outside workers when necessary.
- Produce reports, presentations, and briefs for all areas of the organization.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strategic thinker who can lead others with vision and diplomacy.
- 2+ years experience in an operations management position.
- Strong budget development and oversight skills; experience in financial and accounting reporting; experience managing operational budgets.
- Experience in conflict management and business negotiation processes.
- Knowledge of general business software and aptitude to learn new applications; proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong communication skills.
- Must Uphold a close and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Must agree with International Project’s Philosophy of Ministry.
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management, business administration, or related field, preferred.
- Church or missions experience, preferred.
How To Apply
Email [email protected] with a cover letter and resume to apply.