Operations Supervisor Job Summary:The Operations Supervisor at Redeemer Downtown will actively manage operations staff, overseeing the setup and break down of our AM & PM Sunday worship services and events at the Salvation Army (14th St), as well as other events/needs during the week. Meetings during the week will be required (Monday & Thursday) with Sunday Service Manager and other staff to discuss past Sunday’s service, and planning ahead.
- Active management 12+ operations staff for weekly setup and breakdown for all Sunday service elements. Supervisor’s role includes the following:
o Setup of worship arts (audio/tech equipment), sanctuary, signage, children / youth ministry classrooms, and various events
o Communicate an effective plan / strategy for the day
o Manage the flow of setup for various events simultaneously to ensure all needs are completed on time
o Troubleshoot issues that arise on Sundays and come up with solutions
o Count offering and make deposit at bank (as needed)
- Meet weekly with SSM and other staff to discuss past Sunday’s service, and plan ahead for the following Sunday (s).
o Monday – Recap prior Sunday’s events and discuss needs for subsequent Sunday(s) (Remote Optional)
o Thursday – Finalize plan for Sunday (Office Mandatory)
- Send out weekly email & WhatsApp updates to Operations staff that lays out plan for Sunday
o Craft weekly sheet detailing specifics of Sunday’s operation, roles of each Ops staff, and a plan for event and service needs. This will include planning for:
▪ Extra events on Sundays – Family Lunch, Leadership Community Gatherings, Intro to Redeemer Lunches, Ministry Fair, etc
▪ Volunteer Ministry needs – Volunteer Table, Welcome Table, Book table, and other potential needs (Youth, Childrens, CG)
▪ Worship service elements: Communion, baptisms, mics / chairs needed for specific speaking roles
▪ Worship Arts – Instructions from worship arts directors regarding specifics of stage setup for each service
o Draw clear and relevant diagrams for room setup as needed
o Gather information needed for Sunday/events via weekly meetings with staff & Slack/Email correspondence
- Working on other various Operations needs and events throughout the week, including but not limited to:
o Order necessary supplies for our services / events (Amazon, Uline, Westaurant, etc.)
o Pay invoices from various vendors on Bill.com
o Facilitating weekly delivery of Redeemer event materials from office to the Salvation Army
o Special holiday / mid-week services
- Provide oversight with SSM to 2-person security team on Sunday
- Work with SSM to keep all policies and procedures up to date
- Foster positive team culture through:
o One-on-one meetings with Operations staff
o Celebration of team birthdays / milestones
o Appreciation initiatives including team lunches and other team building events.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Embrace Redeemer Downtown’s vision and have a gospel-oriented heart for New York City.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizing skills to coordinate project activities
- Good working knowledge of how to set up Worship Arts equipment, including but not limited to speakers, amps, drums, keyboard, microphones, stands, etc. If one does not possess these skills, one must demonstrate a keen ability to learn of such equipment proficiently
- Proficient in Google workspace, Microsoft Office, Slack (or Microsoft Teams)
- Type 50+ words per minute
- Communicate with others clearly and effectively
- Work with details and time-sensitive issues
- Good decision-making skills and response to high-pressure situations
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill set; experience and training; licensure, certifications, and ordination; and other organizational needs.