Kids Director Position Description
About the Organization:
Renewal is a young, diverse, growing, center-city church in downtown Boston that was founded in February of 2014. We exist to see Jesus made famous, people made whole, and Boston made new. Our vibe is positive, fun, energetic, friendly and development-oriented.
Snapshot: Non-Denominational, Evangelical, Baptist Heritage // Location-Boston, MA
About the Position:
Renewal Church seeks a spiritually growing and experienced part-time Kids Director for children birth through 4 years to build a strong ministry to children and their families. The Kids Director will lead a diverse team of volunteers to create a safe, fun place for kids to learn about God’s love. They will ensure that prayer is happening at every level and that families are provided opportunities to connect. This individual will closely collaborate with the Lead Pastor in formulating the Sunday kids experience. Pay range depends on experience, education, and skills.
What We are Searching For/Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred but not required.
Experience and Skills:
- A proven track record of serving children (1-3 years experience)
- Experience scheduling volunteers or employees
- Creating age-appropriate, interactive Bible lessons
- Effectively recruit and train kids volunteers in a very young church
- A demonstrated commitment to the safety and development of children
- Knowledge of Planning Center a plus
Culture and Fit:
- A desire for unity among diverse people and comfort working with various ethnic and racial backgrounds
- Skill leading volunteers with an awareness that non-Christian families are participating and investigating Christianity
- Plan and organize in advance as well as adjust very quickly to any change that might need to be made
- Proven ability training leaders and volunteers (both practically and spiritually) within a ministry.
- A self-starter who takes ownership of ministry and works rigorously toward improvement
- Enjoys living in a big city
About the Location:
Often referred to as the \”Cradle of Liberty,\” Boston is the site of some of the most significant social, cultural and political moments in U.S. history. Living in the region can feel like acting out the pages of a history book, while simultaneously experiencing the perks of a modern metro area. Boston\’s tenacious spirit was born out of an act of revolution and since its inception, the pursuance of innovation and progress has been in its DNA. From the Old North Church to the Institute of Contemporary Art and everything in between, Boston is steeped in culture and rich in pride. Demographically Boston is vibrant because it is full of young, single people, some of whom are highly educated.
How To Apply
To apply for this job, email a copy of your current resume to [email protected]. Instead of a cover letter, please tell us a little bit about why you would be a good fit for this position in the email.