Date Posted: March 19, 2023
Hours Per Week: 20
North Billerica Baptist Church
North Billerica, MA, USA
Job Type: Bi-vocational,Solo Pastor
The Pastor of the North Billerica Baptist Church is expected to:
Work on a part-time basis to work with and meet the needs of the congregation of the North Billerica Baptist Church, as follows:
- Be the spiritual leader of the church:
- Preach the Bible/Gospel to encourage understanding and growth toward a spirit-filled, Christ-like life within the congregation, and to apply the lessons of the Bible to today’s society.
- Administer the ordinances, have charge of the stated services of public worship.
- Support, direct, and enhance the spiritual health and well-being of the church, using, for example Bible study and prayer meetings.
- Work together with the church family to bring growth and new life to the church.
- Be available to counsel members of the congregation and any others who may need the services of the Pastor, including visiting hospitals and shut-ins.
- Provide Christian instruction to applicants for church membership, and supervise the training of church leadership.
- In an administrative capacity, oversee the total program of the church, be an ex-officio member of the church Council and all committees, and lead the church in developing an effective program and a warm, nurturing Christian fellowship.
- Be an active member of the church family, planning, supporting, participating in church activities as well as community events.
- Recognize that as the church family identifies certain priorities, opportunities, and needs, and that as the minister brings specific gifts and abilities, the Pastor, will work together with the church leadership and people to initiate, support, and drive forward plans and actions on identified priorities, to take advantage of the opportunities, and meet the needs.
- Recognize the position of the church within the local and larger communities, both spiritual and secular, support and participate in the local organization of spiritual leaders in ecumenical and inter-faith activities and efforts; and support and participate in the regional and national American Baptist communities.
Report to and be answerable to the Church Council who serve as representatives of the church body.
How To Apply
Provide resume, and statement of faith to [email protected].