Youth Pastor/ Minister
Part-Time Youth Pastor/Minister
NYCMC is searching for a part-time Youth Pastor/Minister for our children and youth ministries, which average around 30 students. The candidate should have a calling for youth ministry and a passion for evangelization and discipleship of students. The candidate should also be a good team player, working in partnership with the pastoral staff, co-workers, and parents to raise up followers of Christ in a multilingual and multigenerational church.
The Part-Time Youth Pastor/Minister will perform general pastoral duties, including:
- Planning and overseeing the children ministries and youth fellowship.
- Working towards restarting an English Sunday service and preaching as needed.
- Supporting the youth as they carry out their current roles in the youth fellowship.
- Developing and implementing ways to lead the youth to becoming disciples of Jesus.
- Developing opportunities for youth to make a difference in the church and in the community.
- Participating in pastoral duties as a member to the pastoral team, including leading well, innovating in your assigned role, and supporting the vision and mission set by the senior pastor.
The candidate should:
- Have graduated, or be in the process of graduating, from an accredited seminary, with a focus on youth and/or
- Have sound biblical and doctrinal beliefs.
- Have experience working in youth ministry.
- Have experience serving in multilingual and multigenerational churches (familiarity with Asian American culture is a plus).
- Fluent in English (able to communicate in Cantonese or Mandarin is a plus).
How To Apply
To be considered for the position, please send your resume and testimony of how you came to be a believer and called into youth ministry to [email protected]. Further in the process, we will ask for 3 references (from pastors, current seminary professors, peers, etc.). If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Senior Pastor Billy Yip at [email protected].