West Groton Bible Church (Groton, NY) – Pastor
The Big Picture
West Groton Bible Church is actively searching for our next solo full-time pastor.
Our small independent church is in the Finger Lakes area of Central NY in the beautiful hills between Ithaca and Cortland, NY.
You can visit the www.westgroton.org website to learn more about our rural church and its location.
We are seeking a man with spiritual maturity reflecting the character of Christ in both his private and public life. A man with a passion for the edification and growth of God’s Church through the expository preaching of His Word. A man with the God given abilities to communicate meaning and insight from Scripture in a way that connects with the congregation and effectively leads to learning, understanding, and application. A man who is sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit and will serve as the leader of the Board of Elders with the main responsibilities of the pulpit ministry, the administration of the ordinances, the commitment to fulfill the Great Commission and will support and encourage the church’s ministries including Biblical counseling services.
- Born-again, baptized believer who loves the Lord.
- Fulfill the scriptural qualifications of a leader found in I Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Possess a proficiency in biblical theology and the ability to convey biblical truth to all age groups.
- Nationally certified in Biblical counseling (ACBC) is a plus, but not required.
- Willingness to engage the local community and support of church’s ministries and missionaries.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to reflectively listen.
- Possess the ability to disciple, teach and shepherd members of the church community.
- Maintain a healthy balance of personal growth in the Lord, family life, and ministry life.
- Ministry experience preferred but not required.
- Baccalaureate degree from an Accredited Institution and Master of Divinity or equivalent required.
- Two story 3-bedroom parsonage with option for a 4th bedroom.
- Parsonage located next door to the church w/appliances included.
- Garage attached to the parsonage.
- Existing drilled well with new water system.
- Heating and Electric utility expenses furnished.
- Internet and Telephone expenses furnished.
- Lawn mowing/snowplowing services provided.
- Garbage services provided.
- Health Insurance payments provided.
- Annual mileage allotment provided.
Salary range $30,000 to $35,000 annually.
How To Apply
For interested applicants, along with your resume please answer these three questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Pastor at WGBC?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor at WGBC?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of WGBC?
Please send your resume and the answers to these questions to [email protected]