Calvary Baptist Church (Los Banos, CA) – Senior Pastor
The Big Picture
Calvary Baptist Church (cbclosbanos.com) is seeking a Senior to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, to teach the biblical revelation, to engage in pastoral care ministries, to provide administrative leadership in all areas of church life.
Primary function —To provide kingdom leadership to the members of this church enabling them to focus on the Great Commission, and equipping them to carry out the functions of the New Testament church: evangelism, discipleship, ministry, fellowship, and worship.
Leading: The senior pastor will lead and develop the pastoral team in equipping the congregation to full the Great Commission and accomplish the purpose statement of this church. The senior pastor will lead and equip the body of Directors and Lay Ministers so they can effectively lead the ministry teams of the church.
Administering: The senior pastor will provide direction and oversight to the administrative ministries of the church and will give leadership to the administrative ministries team of the congregation. The senior pastor will administer the pastoral team of this church.
Ministering: The senior pastor will use his spiritual gifts to edify and build this local body of believers. The senior pastor will provide appropriate pastoral care to members of the church and the community and will equip the members of the pastoral team and the to do the same.
Communicating: The senior pastor will preach and teach the Bible, believing that it has God for its author, salvation for its end, and truth without any mixture of error for its matter. The senior pastor will communicate the vision for ministry that God gives to this congregation.
Expectations: The senior pastor is expected to be a servant leader. The senior pastor is expected to live an exemplary life modeling the call, character, and competencies becoming a minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ. The senior pastor will demonstrate a servant spirit as a growing disciple of Jesus Christ.
- A person of good reputation. (1 Timothy 3:7)
- A person who endorses and proclaims sound doctrine. (Titus 2:1)
- A person who exhibits self-control in personal and public life. (Galatians 5:22-23, 2 Peter 1:5, James 1.9)
- A person who is gentle and exhibits good behavior towards people. ( Proverbs 3:30; 2 Timothy 2:24, 1 Timothy 3:4-5)
- A person who exhibits a good example in his family, in his stewardship (including tithing), and in his spiritual walk. (1 Timothy 3:4-5)
- A person who will place great emphasis on the care of the church. (1 Thessalonians 3:10, Acts 20:31)
- A person who will be a discipler and help produce leaders. (2 Timothy 2:2)
$45,000 Total Package
How To Apply
Please look over this job description, the church website and the longer pastoral profile. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Senior Pastor at Calvary Baptist Church?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Senior Pastor of Calvary Baptist Church?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of Calvary Baptist Church and the Baptist Faith & Message 2000.
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected].