PebbleCreek Resort Community is located in the west valley of the Phoenix metropolitan area, in the city of Goodyear. This is a 55+ “active adult resort community” with approximately 6,000 homes. Residents enjoy a country club lifestyle that features three golf courses, a 400-seat theater, two clubhouses, three pools, tennis and pickleball courts, exercise facilities and restaurants.
PebbleCreek Community Church (PCCC) is a non-denominational Protestant church located within this gated community. The founders of our church sought to provide a true Bible teaching church in which members and visitors of all denominations would feel the comfort of being in the house of the Lord-a place of worship where the gospel is proclaimed. From the beginning, PCCC has been a mission-minded church with 25% of budgeted offerings assigned to local, state, national and international Christian outreach programs.
On Sundays our church converts one of the PebbleCreek ballrooms into a sanctuary. Numerous bible study classes are held throughout the week. PCCC averages 130 attendees during the months of October to June. However, our attendance drops to around 90 attendees during the summer months when the “snowbirds” return home to cooler temperatures.
- To grow stronger as we celebrate God’s presence in worship.
- To bring people into a personal relationship with Christ through evangelism, valuing spiritually strong individuals and families.
- To equip God’s people through Bible study, prayer and discipleship.
- To demonstrate God’s love through ministry and mission.
- To receive people into the fellowship of the Body of Christ, His Church.
We are seeking a full-time pastor to minister to the needs or our congregation while at the same time reaching out to our unique community as a whole.
- Provides a solid, biblically-based preaching and teaching ministry to meet the diverse needs of the congregation and attract new members.
- Lead in worship by shaping worship services collaboratively with the Music Director including liturgy and music; working with the church Secretary to coordinate weekly activities and other church business; administering Communion, and baptizing new believers in the faith.
- Provides oversight, together with the Elder Board on all church business matters including staff activities and performance reviews; works with the Deacons to provide pastoral and spiritual care to members and regular attendees; visits and phone calls to sick and shut-in members.
- Leads new membership classes throughout the year as well as annual “Leadership Retreats” for church boards and committees.
Qualifications: Experience, Skills and Abilities
The ideal candidate would have:
- A Divinity degree from an accredited Seminary.
- 10 years of recent experience as a Pastor managing the affairs of a church through planning, decision-making, delegating, evaluating and skilled in conflict resolution.
- Has managed and directed church staff activities in addition to preaching.
- Has proven experience in home, hospital and hospice visitation, counseling and support.
- Is technologically competent, and is comfortable in using current software programs.
- Demonstrates personal maturity and godliness.
- Has a pleasant and approachable personality.
- Agrees with and supports our Statement of Faith, Church By-Laws and Constitution.
- U.S. citizen or have a visa to work and live in the U.S. and successfully pass a background check.
How To Apply
If you are interested in being a part of our future, please submit a letter of interest and your resume to:
Ms. Susan Preston, Chair, Pastor Search Committee
PebbleCreek Community Church
Selected candidates will receive a more formal application and a background check will be required for candidates chosen for an interview. All respondents to this posting will be contacted by a member of the hiring panel regarding their status in the process.
Salary for this position is negotiable.