Edwards Presbyterian Church (Edwards, MS) – Pastor
The Big Picture
Edwards Presbyterian Church (edwardspres.org) is a small but faithful PCA church seeking a Pastor who will preach the Word of God, shepherd the congregation, and equip the church for works of service.
Located in Edwards, Mississippi, Edwards Presbyterian Church was officially organized on November 24, 1869. For nearly 150 years, individuals and families have gathered here for worship, ministry, and fellowship. Our commitment is to see individuals and whole families strengthened in the knowledge, teaching, and application of Scripture in order that we might continually develop a stronger and deeper commitment to Jesus Christ.
The present sanctuary was built in 1872. The congregation met in school buildings which were located about sixty feet west of the present sanctuary until the sanctuary was completed. The sanctuary was also used by both the Baptist and Methodist congregations as they worked to build their own meeting houses.
The present sanctuary of Edwards Pres is one of the oldest in the area. It has by God’s grace been spared destruction twice. First, around 1890, it was seriously damaged by fire when a neighboring house burned. Some of the current pews still show where they were sanded down to remove charred areas. When the church was repaired, the present unusual wall covering was used. Second, in 1945, some of the stained glass windows in the sanctuary were blown out as a tornado swept through Edwards. The tornado created serious damage to many buildings in the community, but the church building remained intact.
- As laid out for our example in 1st Timothy and Titus, we are seeking someone who’s personal life is exemplified by dedication to living a holy life pleasing to God.
- Desires to engage with us in an approachable, compassionate manner and be part of our lives and part of the local community.
- Possesses a genuine, personal love of the Gospel and God, and is eager to share that love with us.
- Counsels from a Godly perspective, and ministers to the poor in health and spirit meaningfully.
- Is a humble leader; able to work graciously with others to achieve goals & find solutions.
How To Apply
Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Pastor at Edwards Presbyterian Church?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor at Edwards Presbyterian Church?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the PCA and Edwards Presbyterian Church?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected].