Basic function and responsibility:
- Serve as a pastor to the congregation of Zion Lutheran Church of Ottawa Lake.
- Leading Bible study class before Sunday morning worship services.
- Lead contemporary Saturday evening worship services.
- Lead Sunday morning worship services.
- Lead special services (i.e. Advent services, Christmas Eve and Christmas services, etc.).
- Provide support and pastoral care in times of need (i.e. perform weddings, funeral services and baptisms when necessary).
- Home, hospital and nursing home pastoral care visits for homebound and sick Zion congregational members.
- Preaching liturgy based on the Lutheran Book of Worship.
- Must be able to understand, believe and interpret the doctrines of the Lutheran church.
- Sermons based on Biblical teachings.
- Reports to Zion’s Church Council.
Desired Personal Characteristics:
- Strong Christian character.
- Strong communication skills with groups and one-on-one.
- Personal computer skills to support creation of communication pieces in a variety of media forms (i.e. Power Point presentation, Facebook video recording).
- Compassion for struggles and concerns of others.
- Desire to further the mission of Zion Lutheran Church, which is “to make Christ known to all people, aiding them to become baptized believers, equipping them to become committed disciples of Christ and inspiring them to become Christian servant-leaders in God’s church and world”.
- Graduation from an accredited seminary.